• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd burn here if that's what it takes [magnus/any ill]

Rhaegor

the playboy

Just as his legs bend to give out, his two guardian angels swoop forward to steady him. The first smells intoxicatingly familiar, the deep thrum of her melodic voice reminding him too much of something he cannot bring himself to remember as he struggles to remain conscious. And of course, his king is the other who comes to his aid, the strength of his buckskin hide providing Rhaegor with just enough energy and hope to stick through the worst of his sickness.

To Cress' plighting words, the young man can only moan, an embarrassment to what strength a member of Tephra ought to represent. He would come to beat on himself later, when he remembered this time more clearly; but for now, no such egotistical thoughts pervade his mind. Instead, he can only gasp as the mucous which slowly suffocates him gradually diminishes, as the blood dripping from his nose slows and dries, and as the film covering his eyes clears. When Magnus asks to deposit him in the water, Rhaegor nods weakly, not yet capable of speech but clearly already more whole than when he came to them.

A few steps (which feel like an eternity to the boy) later, and Rhaegor slides ungracefully into the lapping Tephran sea. The water in this area is far from cool, but upon standing, the wind would cool him as the water dried. Still, the sensation refreshes the pegasus, and soon enough his thoughts become quite coherent. Absently, he leans his head into the fatherly gesture of Magnus, eager for the love that he had emancipated himself from upon leaving Hyaline as but a two year old. It's going to be okay.

After a moment, Rhae's eyes flutter open, and he attempts to identify the mare standing anxiously before him. He wets his mouth as though he may attempt to speak, for he eventually comes to recognize Cress, having met her on many prior occasions; but it takes a while for the words to form, for despite his comfort levels with both these people, this situation left him far from comfortable.

"Cress," he croaks faintly, the high-pitched crackling of his voice painful to listen to, yet a victory when compared to his state upon arriving here. "I cannot express how thankful I am to you..." His words trail off significantly, eyes dropping in shame as he remembers the pain he'd forced her beloved daughter, his best friend, to suffer. Emotional and ill, the thought which next comes to him projects also to Cress, though he does not realize it. If only your healing could be applied to our friendship, too... But the thought is fleeting, and he soon looks up once more, a determined smile wavering upon his alabaster lips.

"I won't be offended if you would like to continue your conversation elsewhere..." The boy leans back, head in the sand with the receding tide still lapping at his thin shoulders. "I feel much, much better now."

...my name on your tongue and your tongue on my...

@[Cress] @[Magnus] not sure if you guys would like to continue this thread or let it finish here, but thank you so much for giving Rhae another shot of life <3 <3
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd burn here if that's what it takes [magnus/any ill] - by Rhaegor - 01-31-2019, 07:55 PM