• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd burn here if that's what it takes [magnus/any ill]
    cRess
    like a house on fire we're up in flames; i'd burn here if that's what it takes

Cress has seen too much pain and suffering in her life. She hasn’t been alive long – twelve? Fifteen years? – but already the woman has lived through so much and she has dedicated her life to fixing what is broken. She couldn’t fix Ledger, that is true; she isn’t sure anyone could have fixed the ruined stallion. Flamevein had taken her under his wing, though, and taught her self-control and power, and that had inspired the false-dragoness to help those in need, long after he disappeared. She had served the Valley to the best of her ability before the Reckoning struck them, and for a time after that, she had lived amongst the Tephrans as a diplomat there as well. But for too long, she has not had anyone to serve or help, and she is glad that she has once again found a place.

“I’ve only heard good things, I promise,” she assures Magnus with a hearty grin and a laugh, her eyes crinkling as she smiles. “And Leliana is a dear friend of mine,” she adds, her smile fading as he tells her that the other woman has a lot going on. “I know,” she murmurs in response, casting her eyes low. “She has a big heart and so much love to give. She deserves happiness.”

Then Rhaegor arrives, and chaos ensues.

The water, Magnus tells her as he props Rhaegor by his other shoulder. He wants to lie in the water to cool down. Without breaking her concentration on the boy, they stumble to the surf, sinking into the warm water with him so that he doesn’t fall. After some time, she rises back to her hooves, watching the boy with worried eyes. If he hadn’t come to her when he did... she swallows back the thought as he turns to address her, gratitude written in every line of his face.

“You don’t have to thank me, Rhaegor,” she tells him, bringing her nose down to bump against his thin shoulder. “You have always been like a son to me, and I will do anything to help my family and my allies.” She turns her gaze back to Magnus and smiles again, feeling exhaustion start to set in. “I will rest here awhile to regain my strength, if that is alright with you. If there are others here that are this ill, I can help them, as well. It is not a cure, but it is a start.”

Rhaegor suggests they take their conversation elsewhere and Cress looks back to him, still laying in the gentle waves. “Nonsense,” she says, her maternal smile never wavering. Leaning towards him and lowering her voice so that only he can hear her, she murmurs, “You need to go talk to my daughter. She misses your friendship terribly.” Even though it will pain the two of them to speak again, she knows that delaying the conversation will just make it worse in the end. Regardless of how their last conversation ended, they need each others’ friendship, and it is painfully obvious in all that they do. At least to her.

@[Rhaegor] @[magnus] figured this was as good a place as any to end, cress just had to lecture rhae a little :|

infected.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd burn here if that's what it takes [magnus/any ill] - by Cress - 02-07-2019, 10:18 PM