• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

holiday party; sabra
    My eyes roll back at her reaction, but a part of me enjoys that I've finally drawn forth some kind of emotion from her. Even if it is disdain. With a laconic expression, I turn back to face her. "I might be, yes. But you also need to pay better attention. I never asked you to kill me. I doubt you could, even if you wanted to. I said to draw my blood. But seeing as you won't..." I shrugged, looking away as my interest ebbed. 

Wake up, she told me, almost beseechingly. Was I not awake? These were conscious decisions I was making. This was the world I lived in, the world that refused to let me go. To watch as everyone I loved left me. My sons were as much wanderers as their blood could have predicted, and I knew my own gypsy heart had as much blame in that as anything. Life was difficult enough, and yet I had the knack for making it harder by pushing away those who might have helped me through it. 

Wake up. I'd tried, but the nightmares followed me into the daylight. The residual feeling of being broken and remade, over and over until I felt like the pieces couldn't possibly fit back together ever again. Eyes bright with emotion, I found myself a little surprised to find my own teeth bared in a snarl to match her own. It didn't seem to matter that I had no sharpened claws or jagged teeth to aid me, in that moment I felt ready to tear her limb from limb. 

One moment, a destroyer. The next moment, the destroyed. 

I blinked, uncomprehending. Castile. She had to mean someone else. Please, let her mean someone, anyone, else. Wake up, Sabra. A long, slow breath emptied my lungs, trying to fight past the sudden drop in my stomach. A flat smile pasted itself across my features, as my head shook slowly. 

"No. No, I haven't seen him. Not since the last time he walked out on me. Although I suppose that makes more sense now." Too clearly, I saw it. Sochi, beautiful, lethal Sochi. Of course she would suite him. She was everything I wasn't, everything he needed. But I could be iron and stone when I needed. A mask empty of emotion slid into place, too late but there nonetheless. "If you find him, tell him... tell him hello from me, would you? Or don't. It was nice to meet you, Sochi." I shrugged, and turned away with my head held as high as a queen's. My wings told a different story, hanging loosely by my sides, primaries trailing lightly in the snow. 

Three times he'd left me. And now... I wouldn't ask for more. Clearly, a choice had been made, and I was not the kind to grovel for a recount. 

@[Sochi]

Messages In This Thread
    holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-08-2019, 01:16 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-09-2019, 12:50 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-09-2019, 02:03 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-09-2019, 02:39 PM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-10-2019, 12:16 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-10-2019, 12:05 PM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-11-2019, 11:22 PM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-12-2019, 01:23 AM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by sochi - 01-12-2019, 03:05 PM
    RE: holiday party; sabra - by Sabra - 01-13-2019, 01:57 PM