• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece, Leilan

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    It’s a surprise, this whole thing. Weird even. To think that Briseis had no other place to go, that of all the people in the world she could have (should have) picked, she chose to search for him - a one-time, no-good (fake) lover. One who, admittedly, could hardly handle the fact they had a daughter together.

Strange as it may be that of all people it is Briseis and he now standing here, it’s not an unknown situation for him. She has that look, one he recognizes now. Of a mare lost and invaded, the broken one. But thank heavens, Chryseis’ stubbornness isn’t solely his own. There’s something in her that wants to talk, wants to look for help, and wants to never ever let this happen again - the same thing that doesn’t allow her to cry when she says that everything is wrong.

He can do nothing but wait. Looking her over, he doesn’t have to wonder what happened too long - a forest, alone, and a male figure not wanting to let her go. He blinks at her but she doesn’t really see it, he thinks - preoccupied with what she is trying to make clear. Puzzled, he listens to her last sentence, not until the next morning, which then finalizes the slowly dawning suspicions. This new child of hers wasn’t wanted.

Her eyes drift away then, looking at the shadows but not in the scared way Sarkis always does. Hopeful - how strange... Ether doesn’t understand. Who’s E... hmm. Why is the name vaguely familiar? Maybe she’s introduced him or Chryseis had mentioned him. It’s not that important right now - what’s important is Briseis’ mind being sound. And safe.

He wraps his neck around hers - loosely enough, he hopes - and frowns at the trees behind her, processing. This must be so hard for her, but if she trusts this Ether... or his misunderstanding had to do with the way she told it, like now. ”Did you tell him?”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece, Leilan - by Leilan - 01-19-2019, 07:35 AM