• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece, Leilan

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    There is nothing much to do. There is nothing much to say.

There is hardly anything he can do for her at this point. She had wondered, gotten lost, and found herself in a place she would not like to be. A place that housed a monster, and nobody could have known he was there. Her tendency to walk around alone and be drawn to the shadows, a place where she was usually hiding in on her own, had cost her this time.

It had cost her a part of her life, to give life to another small being, and a part of her now-shattered soul. But it’s the latter that could be healed. Slowly, carefully mended. One piece after the other.

He’s one aspect, then. Not a fitting piece, but he can be glue. Heck, he knows how to stick around, it shouldn’t be a problem for him. If only he remembered Ether’s name some more. Ether sounds like her friend. Or boyfriend. He hadn’t really paid a lot of attention to Briseis lately, thinking she would be in the Cove, but here she was, and she had been wandering and met a boy in Nerine who was nice to her.

Like he was, but only it seemed that it would last longer with this Ether. As it should - as was the normal way.

The mare seems to flinch when he asks about this guy. He misunderstood, she says. She grows bitter with the thought, says it’s her own fault and that he left. There, the scaled stallion shakes his head, loosening his grip on the black mare in the process. It’s not her fault that the man had misunderstood, if she had tried to explain - he’d left before she could say more, which was Ether’s own fault.

But the dragon stallion doesn’t get much chance to say this to her, because she apologizes for even being there. Leilan bumps his nose against her head, yet another light shake of his head following in denial of what she tells him. ”I do.” Simply put, the other anchors she had in life had been absent. Ether left. Chryseis left. Breckin wasn’t the first she had found today.

”Let’s go find your Ether.” he proposes then. Though not in a tone that would really accept a no, to be honest. But really, he’d drag the guy over to Briseis by his mane if he had to.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Briseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece, Leilan - by Leilan - 01-23-2019, 05:12 AM