• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am silently waiting: Any!

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Leilan listens to the other man but alas, no definite answer follows. Perhaps that would have been too easy anyway, he figures then. Aziz makes a remarkable statement though. As long as the community is built right nothing can go wrong? Hmm. ”Perhaps. There will always be some bad apples I think, but if the setup is right one might find them and get to know what’s wrong.” Though if more than one would work against you, then it simply wasn’t up to you any more. Sometimes people just disliked the way their leader was. Leilan could only hope his own ideas of somewhat-equality would be good enough.

There’s no position of power he could tempt the male with, even though the scaled roan suspects he once had some. The idea was simplicity and as much equality he could muster - turned out though, that the Isle had, perhaps due to it’s barren landscape, attracted more males than females for the time being. In time though, perhaps such might change. One could hope.

Aziz admits to never having worked with permafrost ground, and Leilan flashes him a small grin. ”I hope it’s a little sturdier if it’s frozen. I could make you some, see if it works, but the Isle is full of it. Perhaps if you like a challenge, you could see if you could rearrange some of it’s rocks and things so that there is a place of shelter. Right now, the Isle’s very much a challenge to live on.” Not that Leilan himself minded - the ice on his body never seemed to melt, one indication of such - but he knew Breckin secretly did.

The bay picks up on the implications of such, so the silver bay roan nods. ”I wouldn’t want to force you. It’s cold and due to that, also doesn’t always provide a lot of food, so it’s not for everyone. But there’s a benefit to being a territory of Nerine I suppose. We’re free to move back and forth. And, we could use some more of those shelters, if you’re up for it.” Not directly or in one day, for sure. But it could be their little project. Even just a rounded wall to create one plaza-like thing with less wind to hold small meetings, would be sufficient, or something to start with anyway. Little would he know he could ask his youngest daughter, too, but she had other things to attend to at this moment. Besides, everyone needed a purpose. Aziz maybe even more than anyone else.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Aziz]
    They can also stay here for a while to talk more if you like. Whichever you prefer!
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I am silently waiting: Any! - by Aziz - 01-10-2019, 09:55 PM
    RE: I am silently waiting: Any! - by Leilan - 01-11-2019, 02:21 AM
    RE: I am silently waiting: Any! - by Aziz - 01-11-2019, 04:38 AM
    RE: I am silently waiting: Any! - by Leilan - 01-11-2019, 10:52 AM
    RE: I am silently waiting: Any! - by Aziz - 01-11-2019, 11:13 AM
    RE: I am silently waiting: Any! - by Leilan - 01-11-2019, 12:12 PM
    RE: I am silently waiting: Any! - by Aziz - 01-11-2019, 12:28 PM