• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; noah, any

that's all there is

They will both be a road to recovery, though she suspects his will be longer; Noah needs rest to replenish the energy expended in driving out the plague, but Leander’s body needs to recover from days or months of abuse of the disease. She’s listening to his breathing with half an ear, the strange quality of it, and she wishes she were a regular healer instead of just carrying her father’s curse inside her. She can drive out the plague, but she can’t totally repair the damage it did to his body long-term, and that makes her feel somewhat helpless. He will recover, but it won’t be the instant recovery a regular healer might induce.

Warmed, though, by his assertions that he will not disappear out of her life, she leans a little into his warmth and smiles back, thinking of Kora and the way she had disappeared quite quickly. “If you have been able to keep up with Kora, I think you’ll find me quite easy to keep track of,” she murmurs wryly, inviting him to share the humor with a laugh in her eyes. “Mostly I’m a homebody, here, and I got the distinct impression she’s anything but.”

Leander asks where they are, and Noah turns to gaze at the flower-heavy fields growing around them, and looks at them through his fresh lens with another warm smile. Home. Her home. “It’s called the Brilliant Pampas. The fae brought it back as a safe place when the plague hit, from somewhere in the past I think. Those who stay here are safe from getting the disease, as long as they do not leave. I rule it as a herdland, and currently we fall under the rule of the Kingdom Loess.” She touches her nose gently to the ground, summons up a bit of stray energy, and draws a few new blooms from the grasses in front of them. “I fell in love with the peacefulness, and the feeling of ‘home’ it gives me. I’d never had a real home before, and it reminded me of what the Falls might have been, from my father’s stories.”

She shifts a little stretching the wing not caught between them and resettling it into a more comfortable position. “I can show you around, if you’re feeling up to it.”

noah

@[Leander] (uh, well, it wasn't a FULL month....)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; noah, any - by Noah - 03-25-2019, 08:50 PM