• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't just sit with folded hands and become blind; Brennen/any
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    On his recent journey to Tephra, Brennen had begun to question his own refusal to be healed. Partially because the relief that Tephra’s humidity offered to his symptoms made him aware of just how sick he was getting, and partially because he’d recently spoken to Breckin about taking on the duties of Nerine’s Champion; while he was stronger than most even at this level of illness, what if they were threatened by someone he needed to be at his best to defeat?

He hadn’t acted on any of his new thoughts. It had been night when he returned to Nerine, and after checking on his loved ones through a quick ‘ping’ of the magical net he’d created, and settling his winged companion into the cave he’d chosen to nest in, Brennen had settled down near the soothing crash of waves on shore and gone to sleep, resigning himself to the strange and dark dreams that he’s been having lately.

The dreams are interrupted, sometime later, twofold. Brennen feels his son first, because the boy’s own unease about something is enough to alert him. Not enough to wake him, by itself, but enough to draw him from the dark depths of the ocean of sleep to the surface. When he realizes the muted footsteps also belong to Maertin, Brennen comes fully away but feigns sleep, curious about his offspring’s intentions. It’s hard not to move, to react, when the boy cuddles up to him but he only allows himself a smile, since his son can’t see it.

His curiosity about why his son is sneaking up on him (though his best guess is simply Maertin wanted his father but didn’t want to wake him, which would be very much in the little man’s character) is sated when he feels the cool soothing touch of his son’s healing magic against his own. It’s strong, but it’s not. Perhaps Brennen would have been angry if he hadn’t already had a change of heart, but now he is simply regretful for making Maertin feel like he had to sneak up on him to help him. Silently, he bolsters the boy’s powers with his own, chasing the dark disease from his body the best they can.

When Maertin collapses against his side, exhausted, Brennen can’t hold the ruse anymore. Turning his head, he nibbles on his nearly-grown son’s mane and envelopes him with a rush of his love. “I’m sorry we fought, over this,” he murmurs to the boy. “You were right, this time.”

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

@[Officials] - Brennen (magic) and Maertin (water healing) both working on Brennen. :/

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't just sit with folded hands and become blind; Brennen/any - by Brennen - 01-13-2019, 08:48 PM