• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can blame it on me.
    you're a sunflower, i think your love would be too much
    It's the first time someone has touched her, as far as Ember remembers. He slides up against her, rib to rib, and she wonders if this is okay or if she should burn him. The ability is there. The heat flares up just a little so that her skin is only slightly warmer than his but she holds herself back.

Ember recognizes the familiarity in him, the same as she did with Cleave, and she hums a soft tune while the dragon cozies up next to her. Besides, maybe this is just how they greet eachother in Beqanna—maybe she needs to get used to it. It won't be long before she meets her mother, after all, and her mother might want to snuggle up beside her, too.

She wouldn't want to burn her, would she?

And the journey from Silver Cove to The River had been exhausting.

Did she really want to waste her energy hurting someone who seems so friendly? Especially when Litotes has disappeared for the moment, off dealing with 'very important pride business'?

The dragon girl smiles at him, albeit awkwardly, and he takes the time to compliment her teeth.

Her skin grows a little warmer still.

"Thank ya, I like your... scales," she drawls back, her ears splaying flat. It sounded a lot better in her head than it did coming out of her mouth. Smoother, even. But she accepts what damage has been done and tried to shrug it off.

"I'm Ember."

Messages In This Thread
    you can blame it on me. - by Ophanim - 01-15-2019, 10:20 PM
    RE: you can blame it on me. - by Ember - 01-16-2019, 01:38 PM
    RE: you can blame it on me. - by Ophanim - 01-17-2019, 01:34 AM