• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can blame it on me.

Ophanim
    He didn’t always used to go up to strangers and just sidle in next to them like this but not having Starsin tucked up under his wing left him feeling a kind of hunger his body didn’t know how to satisfy. The ache of loneliness chewed its way to his very core and made a home for itself to fester there. Like a weeping wound, it drives him to find some relief in the form of curling against the dragon girl. Her smile cleanses the last bit of rot from his heart for now and he returns the expression gladly. A shiver tip toes its way up and down his vertebrae when she grows hotter against his skin.

But the smile fades when she says that she likes his scales, making him tilt his head curiously. His what? He turns his head and lifts his wings to examine himself carefully, but nothing seems out of place.. at first. The shimmering golden scales just above his tail finally catch his eye and he whips his head back toward Ember with his eyes slightly narrowed now. Was this the plague he’d heard so much about? Ophanim snorts and looks at the strange markings once more.

Ember, you gave me the scale plague,” he says almost disappointedly. “I mean, I want to be upset but it’s kind of beautiful. Thank you.

As soon as the words of gratitude leave his lips, he’s leaning in, tracing his lips across her shoulder to test the texture of her own scales. They’re rough to the touch but they make up in strength what they lack in pleasantness, he supposes. His own gold and ivory scales spread up his spine until they reach his head, where they spread over the high points of his cheeks.

Do you.. have anyone, Ember?” he asks as he continues to explore her neck with the delicate skin of his lips. He assumes she’ll ask the same question of him and he wonders if he should tell the truth or not. How could he ever deny having someone like Starsin in his life, though?
    @[Ember]

Messages In This Thread
    you can blame it on me. - by Ophanim - 01-15-2019, 10:20 PM
    RE: you can blame it on me. - by Ember - 01-16-2019, 01:38 PM
    RE: you can blame it on me. - by Ophanim - 01-17-2019, 01:34 AM