• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

He had warned them. After Kali let him know - as if he couldn't already hear their minds screaming at him - he made sure to inform his dads, and caution Luster not to let her children near. There had been an attack, he told her. Tiphon was down.

Unfortunately for Cress, she was the latest one to have the last word when he joined them. He drifted from the sky in a graceful swoop, his elder-teenage figure slender and lean as he landed beside her. Cress. He'd seen her before, her kindness. He surveyed her curiously as he walked up her side, confused at how she could be so wrong, so mistaken when she was visiting so often. Doing so much good here. Healing the sick as the other healers did. They were lucky to have their aid.

He smiled at her, young features handsome and devoid of malice as he met her eyes with a glittering light grey gaze. "Perhaps you missed the part where he violently attacked your friend?" he asked gently. He looked over to the pool of blood pointedly, large and staining the once-peaceful safe haven, then met her eyes again with a shade of sadness. Mother had known him from when he'd led Ischia, had trusted and cared for him. "That's Tiphon's blood. Do you think he chose to be half eaten?"

He circled across in front of her to her other side, swinging his hips to stand beside her. After a short breath, he leaned in again, speaking conspiratorially as if she were a long-time friend. Nearly everyone was to him, so naturally carefree and friendly when their home wasn't once again being forcefully taken over. "I know you came after Tiphon arrived, so you wouldn't know this part."

He paused and leaned back a little, watching to make sure she was alright, understanding the history he was sharing with her. Still smiling kindly, he continued. "We came from Ischia. Where Tiphon used to lead before my fathers did. That's where Mom knows him from," he nodded in a gesture at Wallace, his frigid mother covered helplessly in frost. She'd never had magic and hadn't grasped control of this sudden new one yet; he knew it frustrated her to no end. "The moment the lands parted and the plague spread, my family was here. From the very start. We did not claim the land, because we felt, like you, that it is a sanctuary."

He shrugged, his heart heavy. Normally, he'd be more livid at this, their history repeating with yet another forced takeover. Perhaps it was less worrying with everyone here at the ready. He felt at ease, safe. He sighed. "The truth is, we were glad when Tiphon found the island. After us, since that seems to matter for you?" he teased lightly. "Mother trusted him and knew him ever since she was my age. We were happy to have his leadership and guidance. He seems pretty chill, to me. Damn good-lookin' guy, too." He grinned.

Then it faded and the hurt was back, darkening his expression as he looked outward toward the one coming with cruelty and violence, actions so far from sanctuary and safe, and those that had settled at his sides. His father, it would seem, and a lady. A pretty hot one, too, just saying. Like Cress, he was also sad that it had come to this. That someone would just come in and attack Tiphon, a damn amazing angel looking after the people like no one else. A good man. He'd done so much for all of them, and now this? He didn't deserve this treatment. And none of the residents should have to answer for it either. What an upsetting mess.

With another sigh, he let his voice ring out clearly to all present. "I support my mother's claim. If Tiphon will not lead us then she will follow in Ea's steps. This never should have happened. We've suffered a takeover once before, and this time we won't be leaving and giving it over without a fight. I'm sorry. It's a shame you force us to this." He echoed his mother's thoughts, hoping for once he was a good son to her. He is helpless here, defenseless. All he has is his voice, but he would use it.

He was glad that his sharp edges and suspicion haven't clung to him this time. Maybe it would stay that way. Maybe he could be himself again.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

@[Reilly]
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone - by Kharon - 01-21-2019, 12:27 AM