• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone
    There was a hell of a lot of talk, and Kirby stood back and watched for a minute as people had their say. Even took a couple of steps forward and bumped his shoulder against Lacey’s gently when Kharon had his turn, grinned at her like i’n’ he gorgeous, look what we made. Such a fuckin’ charismatic kid, always had been, no idea where the shit he’d gotten that from.

“Yes, princess, we allowed him to lead,” he shot back at Cress when she threw down in his direction, all offended dignity over what was just facts. “We had the numbers and the power to take charge if we wanted, but this is one of the few safe places in this fucked up world, and none of us are stupid. People were gonna come flooding, might as well have a leader who would be good at dealing with the diplomatic shit and keeping the peace, and a safe home for our families was more important than shit like who was in charge. We let him. We had no problem with him, he was doing a fine job, so we didn’t fucking challenge the fact that he was in charge and take the place for ourselves ‘cause it’s a fucking haven for all of the world and not just one dumb brute who thinks he has to fight people to get his way ‘cause his momma never taught him some goddamn manners. You don’t have to like it, doesn’t make it any less true. So save your bullshit offense for protecting your precious sanctuary from the first person who fucking violated it, and don’t waste your time on the fact that you don’t like my attitude. Because all I’m trying to do is the exact same thing, protect this island and its sanctuary from someone who has already clearly shat all over what this island supposedly stands for.”

Not exactly as diplomatic and likeable as his boy there. Oh well.

When Tiphon rounded on Lacey, Kirby took a half-step forward and squared off in turn. “Nah, sweetheart, the only one who’s forfeited anything here is you. By literally ceding your precious island and your sanctuary and your right to kick anybody off it to someone yeah okay stronger than you, boo fucking hoo. You gave up on this island, on your people, on your sanctuary, the second you gave it away. Why the shit would we back you when you already gave up on us? Didn’t give anyone else a shot to come back you up, couldn’t protect OUR fucking island from one person? I would’ve backed you. You led this place just fine, things were good, I had no complaints. YOU threw that away, so don’t go lashing out at my baby just ‘cause you’re a fucking quitter. You could’ve oh I don’t know, named a champion if you couldn’t take the bastard yourself. Maybe somebody with some built in armor. Maybe someone who could literally be made of weapons if he felt like it. Maybe someone who could actually win a fucking fight if you’d given him half a chance. You’re the one who didn’t have the brains to use the power available to him, didn’t have the balls to hold onto this place for two fucking minutes while your people responded to the attack that put us in this fucking position in the first place, and threw your sanctuary away at literally the first challenge to your leadership.

“We didn’t show to your meeting. Did it fucking occur to you to wonder why? Maybe it was ‘cause Lacey was missing. Maybe it was because our family was in fucking crisis mode ‘cause my babies’ gorgeous, brave momma was off trying to save the fucking world and help heal the plague that made your fucking sanctuary necessary in the first place and we couldn’t find her. Just fucking maybe something more important came up. Politics don’t trump family emergency, and I’m not sorry. My family comes first. Don’t you fucking dare try and tell us to leave. You gave up on this place. If you don’t like the changes that result, then maybe you should get the fuck out instead of backing the person who literally just fucking attacked you after being invited in as a guest in your home. Why the everliving fuck would you expect us to trust someone whose only actions so far are the exact opposite of what you yourself wanted this place to be? Some fucking beacon of hope you turned out to be. Nah. You gave up your right to protest when you gave up on us. You don’t get to make any fucking decisions here, you already made your choice.

“And as for you,” he continued, turning to face Castile. “Nuh-uh. You don’t get to show up and judge us based on the opinions of a couple of pissed off cowards who don't like the sound of truth when it isn't dripping honey. Don’t try and sympathize with the person you just waltzed in and pummeled and then smeared blood and shit all over what used to be his home. No. I fucking know your type, and I’m not interested. You don’t get to shed blood and then put on a pretty face and expect us to play nice. Uh-uh, bitch. Nobody with half a brain,” and he let that comment linger in the air for a second to make damn sure the people who were falling for his shit were listening, ‘cause he meant them, “is gonna be dumb enough to think your sanctuary is gonna fucking mean anything. Not when it was founded on bloodshed and the unbelievable disrespect of violating the hospitality this island showed you when we invited you here to gather and celebrate the holidays in peace. You wanted to live here, you could’ve. We’re relatively decent people, we would’ve welcomed you and yours just fuckin’ fine. You wanted to help out and make this place the sanctuary you’re promising, there are ways you could’ve. You showed us exactly who you are already, we don’t need to play wait and see with something as important as our children’s lives. You’re stronger than Tiphon. Big fucking deal. Doesn’t make you the strongest here, and strength isn’t the only thing that fucking matters when it comes to leading a sanctuary. The head of our family is Lacey here, and I’d throw down for her any day. Just like I would’ve thrown down for you, Tiphon, if you’d given me half a fucking chance.” Well almost just like. He had no interest in shagging Tiphon after. Still would’ve fought just as fucking hard for his babies’ home though.
    Call me the world's sexiest killing machine.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone - by Kerberos - 01-22-2019, 11:33 AM