• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't get cut on my edges

Amet gestures to the wisteria tree and her sparkling eyes leave him for the first time. She hadn't noticed how close they were to the dragon kings old haunt, but she smiles when she realizes. "Of course," she agrees, eagerly following his suggestion. Her stride long and energetic as she keeps herself beside Amet as they walk the short distance along the thawing lakeshore. "You're back just in time for spring too," she says as they halt below the delicate, leafless branches. 

As he asks her to tell him everything and her expression, which has been so carefully measured over the last year, shines with warmth. "I warn you Amet, It's not a short story." But she is happy to do as he asks, and with a sigh, she relaxes back onto one hip. 

"The first few years we fairly quiet, but we grew steadily. Svedka was still here then and we had a healthy council of five. The Caretaker, Ambassador, General, and Heart." She begins, enjoying the feeling of not having to curate each word for him as she reaches into her memory. 

"There were political ups and downs, rumors of war which never materialized, or were suppressed before they began, but Hyaline stood strong. Over time, I fell for my general, Kagerus" Solace states wistfully. It is an oversimplification to be sure, the true story took twists and turns to arrive at such an end, but Solace found the darker moments of her and Kagerus' story, and the tragic night they had found their ways into each other's arms, was better left to the imaginations of others. "I have six children," she adds, her feminine features growing a little coy as they tilt back to his golden face. "all of them too independent for their own good. The younger four are by my mate, Kagerus, who is also my co-ruler. And the eldest twins are Castile's... a name you may remember." She had never known the full story of Amet's last year in Beqanna, but she knew Castile was a player in that.

"The last kingdom meeting, just after the plague struck, was the largest ever."  She pauses, shifting her weight to her other hip as she searches his face. He may not know of the sickness which was infecting half of Beqanna and she halts in her brief history. 

"That was about a year ago. Carnage released some sort of uncurable sickness across the old lands. Warrick was the first to contract it and his throne was taken from him during his sickness. He and Tangerine relocated to Hyaline while he took time to heal. But the sickness spread after some mischief in Pangea, and four kingdoms of old were raised from the ocean. They are free of disease."  She nods in the direction of Silver Cove.  "You may have noticed the geography was a little scrambled," she adds with a light puff of air from her nose. "As soon as everything changed and the fairies let us know that these new lands were safe, Kagerus and I relocated everyone to Silver Cove until the dust settled. At first, I stayed in Hyaline to make sure our claim was secure... but with my family and the rest of our residents in the cover, it was difficult. After a few months, Silver Cove became the ruling Kingdom and Hyaline and Pangea became her territories. I Returned to the safe lands and asked two of our young diplomats, Lie and Kensa, to lead Hyaline together. Which brings us... to today."

She gives a shake of her crest, realizing how long she has spoken and how many details have been skimmed over or completely omitted. She expects that he will have questions, but she is growing more and more curious to hear his story. "May not have felt like it," she teases, her pale feathers briefly extending to brush his shoulder. "But that's the very, very short version."

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Amet] ugh, here is an ugly block of dislodge for you. i feel like i already gave him an overwhelming amount of info to respond to, so she will ask about his story in her next post <3
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    don't get cut on my edges - by Amet - 01-15-2019, 11:16 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Solace - 01-16-2019, 09:19 AM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Amet - 01-16-2019, 08:49 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Solace - 01-18-2019, 03:08 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Amet - 01-24-2019, 09:50 AM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Solace - 02-05-2019, 09:46 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Amet - 02-12-2019, 07:22 PM