• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't get cut on my edges

Solace has ruled for eight years and brought nearly as many children into the world; there is a life lived since she saw him last and still she feels the same rapport and admiration she had felt on the day he brought her to Hyaline. But when he asks after her parents her tone grows a little apologetic. 

"Warrick and Tangerine were in Silver Cove for a while, but have also visited Tephra. I don't see them as often as I should, unfortunately."  Her voice lowers ever so slightly as her gaze drifts back over the kingdom which she had devoted her life to. She hadn't realized it had been so long since she had visited her parents and collection of siblings in Tephra. For the eleven years of her life, very little of it had been lived outside of these mountains and although she did not regret it she couldn't help but let her mind dance with other possibilities now and again. 

"I'm sure you remember what that's like." She concludes, shaking any hint of the solemness which had so briefly darkened her brow.

"I would love for you to meet Kagerus and the children," she replies after he asks to meet her family, happy that his wanderings had not hardened. He is the same man she had known, and he maintains the same warm disposition that had always made everyone he met feel at ease. "Svedka is in Tangerine's homeland again," she sighs, she was never quite right when he was gone, but after the plague broke out she had felt glad of his absence for the first time in her life. With no cure in sight, it was probably for the best that his wandering soul was not here in Beqanna. She knew there would be no way she could confine Svedka to the safety of The Cove. 

"As for Castile, he was in Icicle Isle last I saw him. He checks in now and then but he tends to move from place to place. Our son, Velk, lives in the Cove and Valdis, our daughter, has recently joined the ranks of Sylva." 

But as she watches him her hunger for his story only grows, and she can hardly bring herself to spend another moment on the topics she knew so well. "But Amet, tell me..." she asks, candidly with no hint of her usual poise, "how have you been? I hope you return to us a wiser traveler and not a weary one."

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Amet]
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    don't get cut on my edges - by Amet - 01-15-2019, 11:16 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Solace - 01-16-2019, 09:19 AM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Amet - 01-16-2019, 08:49 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Solace - 01-18-2019, 03:08 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges - by Amet - 01-24-2019, 09:50 AM