• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Holding you close feels like a cut throat
    The clouds are thickening over our heads like a downy blanket, pressing closer to the earth the longer we stand here. I can feel the storm gathering pressure, filling my chest with electric potential. As much as I can appreciate the flames illuminating his eyes, there is lightning in mine. 

Destroyers, the both of us. 

Maybe I didn't have claws and jagged teeth, armoured scales or a talent for blood. But I could take a mind, and fill it with every good thing, only to tear it away. Only to eat away at the soul it belonged to. The wind is building, playing with the ends of my hair enticingly. The sky always was my first love, and I've been earthbound far too long, missing its airy embrace because I'd felt unworthy of it. For a moment, it feels like the sky has missed me too, and forgives me for going astray. 

At last, I've riled him, dragged him back to the core of us. I can see the violence promised in his face, in every coiled muscle of his body. The man is wound so tightly it's incredible that he hasn't erupted. He's pushing away, stepping back even as the hunger stirs in his eyes. A puff of air parts my lips, eyes rolling heavenward as he reiterates, tells me the same things he's told me before. "Yes! You warned me. You warned everyone. Fine. That's all you could do." I agree. He'd never seen it my way. That my consequence were my own. He'd rather be the martyr, victim of his own nature. 

It still fascinates me, the way his emotions drive him. The way spines emerge from the tangles of his mane and follow the line of his spine. A beautiful monster. The monstrous piece of my own self wants to push. Wants to keep pushing until he breaks. Why not, when that seemed to be all we were good for. Breaking each other into little bits until we didn't recognize the pieces. 

Instead, I surprised myself. Maybe it was weak. It probably was, all things considered. He's practically shouting, a mouth full of teeth that could tear in an instant. And I stepped forward, into his space, to press my mouth against his. There was no demand in the action. No accusation,  no apology. I kissed him because I wanted to, and because it had been far too long since the air between us hadn't been choked with regret. 

When lightning struck, it struck the heart of me. It stood my hair on end and set my bones on fire from the inside out. Every scar flashed and burned, and when the thunder chased the lightning across the sky it echoed in my heart beat. When lightning struck, I was remade. 

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Holding you close feels like a cut throat - by Sabra - 01-20-2019, 02:48 PM