• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The road is long, but it always unwinds // Warlight
    The stocky buckskin snorted at her comment, eyes rolling. The disgruntled actions were belayed by the grin lifting his face. He couldn't help it. Having found Warlight had improved his mood exponentially, he couldn't have stopped smiling if he'd wanted to. She was right, of course. A proper healer was the only way she'd really get better. For now, he let a trickle of power flow between their skins, a mere touch of aid. The light sting of her teeth against his chest lingered as they spoke. 

When she said that she'd missed him as well, his heart tripped a beat. She broke away, leaving him feeling warm around the ears, but not missing the flare in her eyes. Tilting his head in wonder, his head shook lightly, taking another glance at their surroundings as he did. "You could make the stars jealous, Warlight." He commented, smile fading with the seriousness of his sentiment. Still, it wasn't jealously as much as curiosity that had spurred his question. 

Feeling her tuck her lean body into him, he let his body match the curve of hers, a wall of muscle intent on holding her close. He'd been planning on making his way back to the Silver Cove already. A few days journey with her would make that trip something more than a series of sun rises and sets. Absently, he ran his lips along her crest, stroking the ink dark hair away from her neck, absorbing her scent deep into his memory. Here, on the rugged terrain of a country he'd never been to, holding his midnight beauty close. It was something he wanted to remember always. 

"My business is done in these parts. I'd love to accompany you." He touched the fine dark hairs at the back of her head, just behind the bony spikes of her crown. Just as lightly, he opened his maw to grip the skin there, a feathery light impression where his teeth touched her. "But I warn you, if you bite me again, Miss Warlight, I'm going to have to bite you back." He whispered huskily just behind her ear. The breeze at his heels intensified for a moment, whipping the fire of his hair into little witch knots to twist against hers. Fire against the night sky. 

@[Warlight]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The road is long, but it always unwinds // Warlight - by Raul - 01-28-2019, 04:30 PM