• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

monday left me broken; Kagerus & Solace

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

He did not come back and she still has not reasoned why he had gone in the first place. She does not understand, not at all and not now when she has a days old foal sticking to her side, sprouting fires, and keeping her from the full scope of her normal duties. 

Kensa has never been so encumbered and tired. Plague, childbirth, and now the capture of her lover and co-leader have conspired to leave her ragged. 

From the north side of the lake Kensa looks out across Hyaline, picking out the shapes of her friends, her elder daughter. The sabino draws one bracing breath of alpine air (coughs, shakes it off) and wickers to summon her wild little infant.

The pace that carries her north toward the coast is not as swift as she would like, but slowing herself down forces her to take time to consider what she is going to say to her Queens. Crossing into Silver Cove means she immediately lays eyes on the the many people who left Hyaline behind for the safety of their new capital. In her exhausted state she resents them, and she is restive and sharp eyed as she holds herself back into a walk. As if they will not notice that she is not herself. 

When she finds Kagerus and Solace it is hard not to give way and go to them immediately, lay all her concerns at their feet. “Go find someone to play with, Hildy.” She nuzzles the girls shoulder and then adds in a low voice, “...and please, don’t burn anything or anyone.”

There is a boulder in the Primarch’s gut as she steps away from her child and trains her gaze on her Caretaker Queens. Luckily they are, for the moment, keeping their own company. She could not bear an audience for this. “Solace. Kagerus.” Her greeting is stiffer than she would like, manner uncharacteristically guarded. She drops her head a fraction, tired, sick, hollow eyed.

She should get to the point though, she cannot be absent from Hyaline for long. Not now. “I hope I’m not disturbing you but I needed to come to tell you. Litotes is gone. He went to Loess, and should have come back by now.” She wavers a little, wonders if she should have just dealt with this herself, wishes suddenly that she would take the words back out of the air between the three of them...but then a sob catches in her throat because she is still young, and frightened, and exhausted. “They have taken him. I am certain.”

Shame rolls over her, certainly they expect strength and boldness from her like she’s displayed during past times of trouble.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Kagerus] @[Solace] Sorry she is pathetic right now. I don't blame her.

Messages In This Thread
    monday left me broken; Kagerus & Solace - by Kensa - 01-20-2019, 09:28 PM