• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

monday left me broken; Kagerus & Solace

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

It’s Solace’s kindness that binds Kensa’s forlorn heart, and anger that strengthens it. She had hoped for comfort and direction and found a cold wall built up between herself and Kagerus. Solace too is unhappy but she is gentler with the foolish Primarch.

The sabino will probably never forgive herself for this meeting, for how stupid she’d been in the months, days, hours, and minutes right up until this moment. Her sweet and gentle heart has been battered by a world that is more than beautiful mountains and the thrill of love.

Kensa had not known why her beloved traveled into Loess. Her three young children had occupied all her time in those first days after Hilde’s birth and Crynn’s delivery by his birth mother. Loess was their neighbor, uneasy as that sharing of borders might be, so she’d known he’d gone there, but never his purpose. Realizing her ignorance fires her anger, which burns back her sadness and resentment and challenges her weariness. Admitting she knew nothing will make her look all the more weak and might seem a betrayal to Litotes. She grits her teeth.

As much as she loves him, it is Hyaline she stands for. Her glorious abandoned fortress.

“He did not tell me his purpose.” She says stiffly, regretfully. She does not scramble or beg for forgiveness. Does not condemn him. He is hers, Hyaline is hers, and she will hold them both even until it destroys her.

She knows now that Litotes does not deserve some righteous rescue. Though she isn’t sure that’s what she had come here for… She’d come here because she was afraid and needed to know what to do next. “I… A deep breath, a steadying of herself. “No. No, I will go. I should not have come. I did not realize what he had done...He can be...capricious. A pause, her topaz eyes hardening. “Litotes and I are bonded, I will forgive him this. I have no right to ask, but I hope you will forgive him as well.” The gilded sabino mare steps back, considers leaving it there, calling her flame-child and returning to Hyaline.  

“If I cannot get him back, you may send someone to take his place until he can return without causing me offense. I care for the well being of Hyaline, we both do.” And she hopes she is right, because she loves her Lion-Man and is not sure she could bear choosing between him and her Hyaline.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Kagerus] @[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: monday left me broken; Kagerus & Solace - by Kensa - 02-04-2019, 11:10 PM