• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're all I want, so bring me the dawn; birthing, family
    He comes at her call – always with the wolves – and moves silently to her side, stealing himself against the anxiety that takes root in his chest. As before, he is loath to witness Pyxis experiencing pain from which he cannot possibly spare her, though she bears it more steadily this time. It seems it goes easier, for which Daemron is grateful. There had been moments in prior months when the willowed chestnut had felt as though pieces of himself were threatening to unravel – (a wolf vanished; a mother’s lies) – yet through it all, Pyxis had been there. She had held steady – for him, for their family.

She is his cornerstone.

They have built something together – he can see it so clearly. It is there as their newest daughter takes her first breath. It is there as Pyxis tends to the girl, focused and intense in her purpose. It is there in the shining ocean of his wife’s eyes when she turns to him. “You both are,” he responds as the last shadows of his anxiety are cast out by the brilliance of her gaze. Her request is met with a nod of assent, though he comes alongside her first; and as he takes in the softly breathing form curled at the mare’s feet, his mouth finds the curve of her dampened side. “She’s perfect, Pyxis.”

A willowed head bent over the babe marks her scent. “I won’t be long,” he promises them both in a low tone, and after placing a gentle kiss to their daughter’s cheek, Daemron turns and sets out in search of the twins. Signalled by his intent, the wolves begin tracking their scent and lead him to the yearlings easily enough. He is glad to find them together, the faint grey light of his eyes warming as he looks over his eldest children.

“Brigade. Wonder.” Each shoulder brushed in brief greeting – one of feather, one of bone. “Come. Your mother is waiting for us.” A smile overcomes his expression, his gaze alight with pride as he adds, “And so is your newest sibling.” And when they return to Pyxis, they do so as a family – as a pack – just as it is meant to be. In the small moments before everyone comes together, Daemron’s eyes find those of his wife.

Wordlessly, they speak.
    I love you, they say.
    daemron
    lost to the hunt as I was to you

@[laura], @[jenger], @[Kristin], I love you all and I'm sorry this took so long <333

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're all I want, so bring me the dawn; birthing, family - by Daemron - 01-30-2019, 01:43 AM