• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Solace, my love
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    The warmth of spring came earlier than I anticipated, sending away a cold winter with busy hands and a smiling face. I look upon her work occasionally, admiring the vibrant greens springing up around my kingdom, and lifting my nose to smell the mountainous wildflowers which blossom so abundantly here. More often than not, however, I find myself standing atop the obsidian beaches, my hooves matching the stones found there perfectly; but it is not the beautiful black shapes which I focus upon. No, it is always to Hyaline that I gaze; always there, to where I know the lake lies, the heart of Hyaline nestled in the middle of a mountain range to end all mountain ranges.

I miss her, every day. And with all the bullshit going on - namely, Litotes being stolen after impulsively trying to steal from a war-kingdom - I miss her even more.

Solace, I dream, finding her consciousness immediately. Without needing to say another word, I identify her location, and severe the connection. Casting a final glance to the kingdom of my heart, I turn away, the falling spring sun illuminating the blood, bone, and leopard of my coat.

Before long, I am before her, though not where I'd imagined; the knowing Queen has met me halfway, nearly running into me headlong as we gallop for one another. And yet our union is gentle and quiet, if breathless; I reach for her beautiful face as reverently as I had that first time, after she saved me from suicide. Wordless in my love for her, I brush my muzzle from her ear to her lips, leaning my head to cup hers in the nape of my neck. A deep breath steadies my lungs, though I am certain that it is the smell of her that calms me, and not the oxygen at all.

I stand like that for a while, taking solace in her. Time and time again I find myself at peace thanks only to the steadfast love of my Queen. Smiling at the thought of how we could have come all this way since that day I splashed into her little lake, I step a little closer, though there is no closer to be than I am to her right now. The warmth of her breath tickles my neck, and my smile only grows.

Our children are beautiful, our kingdom is prestigious, and our faithfulness to one another is unfailing. Despite it all, despite my doubts and my longings and my misgivings, she is there: there as is the sky and the earth, always above me and always below. A constant; a law that I can depend on, as present as gravity, as present as time and space.

"Hi baby," I breathe, sending the sound waves of my words dancing down her skin like tiny sparks as we stand, half dreaming already. Reaching lazily, I pluck a lock of her porcelain mane off of the curve of her neck, allowing its silky length to fall smoothly from my lips. Lowering my eyes shyly, I curve my neck to gently thrust my now-anterless head into the crook of her neck, taking advantage of my nakedness by being the little spoon and snuggling close.

"Let's go somewhere." Unbidden but not uncomfortably, images of worlds we could visit flash by; a fair at night, with candy and rides; the stars; our familiar bedroom, complete with already-removed clothes; the ocean, to float along its currents without a care; a car, with the radio blasting and the windows rolled down; the first snowfall, and the snow angels we make there; the options are infinite and ongoing, until at last I sense her attention pulled to a single exact one.

Grinning sleepily, I kiss my wife's cheek and nod. "Good choice, my love."

And, without a moment to lose, we fall.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Solace]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Solace, my love - by Kagerus - 01-22-2019, 03:07 AM