• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Solace, family;

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

Something inclines Valdis to slink away in the darkness and venture toward the Cove. Sylva’s groaning trees fall into the backdrop and melt into the shadows as she placidly escapes its grasp before taking flight. A tiresome trek separates here from her mother, but she willingly utilizes her energy as curiosity bubbles within her chest. Voices have been hissing in her mind for days – maybe weeks – now and it rattles her enough to seek reassurance in Solace’s embrace.

As troublesome as she is, Valdis is still young and still clutches to the tethers of her family.

She isn’t certain whose voices have been creeping into her dreams, or even how. There isn’t even one distinct tone that stands above the others. They hiss and their jumbled statements nearly merge into one indiscernible cluster of thoughts. The winter quieted much of the cacophonous banter, but with the arrival of spring, it has returned in indescribable force.

The ferocity to which Valdis flies escapes her notice until realizing she’s panting. Her lungs scream and her muscles tremble exhaustedly. Much to her relief, the Cove is just beyond the final hill. Swallowing past the confusion, Valdis swiftly descends and immediately flocks to her mother, her senses somehow more acute to readily find the Caretaker. Between her labored breathing she mutters, ”Mother,” and presses her face into Solace’s neck. Despite the flurry of urgency she rode on here, Valdis takes a few heartbeats to compose herself and settle down her adrenaline before inching back and speaking. ”I have voices in my head,” her brow furrows because as she confesses, she almost wishes she hadn’t. It sounds insane. ”I don’t know where they’re coming from – not yet – but I’ve heard one or two random things among the madness. One said a scaly guy is in Loess and starting trouble, and another said there’s weird unrest in the Island Resort?” No names, only vague descriptions.

And then, with another step back and a concerned look, Valdis peeks down at her hooves. ”And I’ve discovered… this…” after slowly, fearfully, blinking she watches as her hooves briefly transition to claws. The talons knead the soil in fascination before gradually shifting back into hooves. Peering up at her mother, she whispers, ”I’m not going crazy, am I?”

Valdis

More for @[Solace] but if anyone else in he family wants to join in, feel free. Shes pretty much discovering she can communicate with reptiles and has some dragon mimicry

Messages In This Thread
    Solace, family; - by Valdis - 01-22-2019, 03:21 PM
    RE: Solace, family; - by Solace - 01-26-2019, 06:50 AM
    RE: Solace, family; - by Valdis - 01-28-2019, 03:54 PM
    RE: Solace, family; - by Velk - 02-02-2019, 08:54 AM
    RE: Solace, family; - by Solace - 02-05-2019, 08:58 PM