• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Solace, family;

Seeing past her children's imperfections was a flaw of her own. Valdis' vanity barley even registers as such in Solace's mind. Her daughter is beautiful, she's ambitious and she's intelligent. At the queen's core, Valdis was the one she worried for least- even if the young mare was possibly in the riskiest situation of her whole brood. Underneath all of her ambition and experimentation, Solace believed her daughter's roots ran deep as her own, regardless of which lands they called home. The facade could crumble, the branches could fall, but the roots were strong and new growth could always reform from these strong foundations. 

But Solace feels that her daughters concern over the look of her new feet is unfounded, and it probably shows in the melodic way her tone dances between that of a statement and a riddle.

"Power is beautiful," she replies her intense gaze never leaving that of her companion. Maybe in some other world beauty was simply an aesthetic, but here where power was the highest currency of them all, it shone like gold. "But don't worry," she adds with a coy smile usually reserved for Kagerus, "you have plenty of both." 

Valdis gives her a little more info about the mysterious voice, but she still does not piece together exactly what is going on. But the idea that it is some sort of gift instead of a curse had worked to sooth the young mare and her mother in turn. 

The sweet smile she is offered piratically causes her heart to swell, her crystalline eyes growing soft and motherly. "I've missed you too, Valdis," she sighs, "Every day I think of you out there. I know you don't want me worrying about you, but I can't help it now and then." 

The sound of someone quickly approaching causes the queen's head to turn, and she calls out a greeting as she realizes who has joined them. She watches, content, as the twins greet each other waiting until Velk turns his attention to her before returning his embrace. He continues to ask about the world beyond the cove, and Solace almost feels guilty for asking him to stay so confined within the safety of the protected lands. But his question does lead Solace to prompt Valdis for more details about life in her new home.

"Yes, how is life in Sylva? Someday I will have to come and meet your king... I know less of the south than any of the other lands." She says, her eyes returning to her daughter to gauge her reaction to the experimental statement. 

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    Solace, family; - by Valdis - 01-22-2019, 03:21 PM
    RE: Solace, family; - by Solace - 01-26-2019, 06:50 AM
    RE: Solace, family; - by Valdis - 01-28-2019, 03:54 PM
    RE: Solace, family; - by Velk - 02-02-2019, 08:54 AM
    RE: Solace, family; - by Solace - 02-05-2019, 08:58 PM