• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus
    Where do you go when the world is crashing around you, and home isn't a place you've found? I just flew, for a while. It had been so long since I touched the sky, and for a while that was enough. Thin air, cold air. I was lightheaded and filled with crackling, unspent energy. A lightning bolt in potentia. I flew until I couldn't anymore, thunder echoing in my wake. Didn't care where I landed, just as long as it wasn't where I'd been. 

When my hooves clattered against the earth again, it wasn't with any joy. Just the inevitable solid weight against my joints, and the heavier realization that I couldn't keep running. Running wouldn't save me from myself or my mistakes. It certainly wouldn't save others from them. So when the moon met the sea, and I was almost out of land, I dropped from the skies like a moonbeam made solid. 

Looking around, I realized that I truly didn't know where I was. The scope of Beqanna was a vast one, and I didn't expect that I knew every corner of it. I had to admit, though, that this was a prettier corner than I'd expected to fall into. It was as though starlight had bled into the water, painting every stone and grain of sand with silver and shadow. 

It was lovely enough to distract me from my own distress. The soft light did beautiful things to my cloak, bleaching me from pale blue to lunar white, and drew fractured rainbows across the hollows of my body. How long had it been since I'd thought myself beautiful? Far too long, but in this light, I felt it deep to my bones. Scars turned to tongues of electricity that flowed across my face and shoulders, a tingling fractal web. My pain could be beautiful. Standing on the gritty shore alone, I felt a knot in my chest begin to loosen. 

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    Holding you close feels like a cut throat // Kagerus - by Sabra - 01-23-2019, 03:55 PM