• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I know that love is all about the wind; any
    " every scar will build my throne. "

He normally only snuck into the dungeons in the dead of night, when no one could see him standing in the doorway. Every part of him screams and smashes itself into a wall with the want to remember her but nothing ever changes. It always aches and it is agony to stare at her face for too long but all is misery when she isn’t near. Today he misses the color of her eyes but he knows that he has to face her if he ever wants to see that beautiful stare again. Would it hurt her to see him? Would it only serve to twist the knife if he approached? Vulgaris sighs as he stands over the spring, watching his reflection as the questions come flowing through him.

No one could ever love a monster.

The words feel like an echo of something he has heard or said before. He spits at the mirror image of himself so the ripples ruin the perfect surface. The serpent king takes a deep breath and lifts his head as he prepares to descend into the cool depths of that prison. Shoulders back, chin high, he slips forward with long strides that proclaim his strength and confidence (all false, all lies). He steps through that doorway once more and stops when he sees her standing there in the shadows of the artificial cave. Even with that haunted look in her eyes and the thinness of her cheeks, she’s the queen of everything he has or will have.

He takes a step closer, then another. He pauses. There is a thought to flee and leave her alone, as he should have before. He swallows and moves closer, their chests pressing tight together while he leans his face into her neck. Not even the idea of heaven persists if she is not with him. But the flowers in her hair smell of anguish and misery, of betrayal and false lovers.

I don’t remember anything before going to the mountain. I don’t know how I got there or who you are,” he mumbles weakly against her skin. “I only know my name because everyone keeps saying it to me. But every time I see you, my heart hurts and I just want to stay with you forever.

For the first time, he laments his lack of lips to kiss her with.
    VulgariS
    @[leliana] i am big sad now

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know that love is all about the wind; any - by vulgaris - 01-27-2019, 11:14 PM