• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

throw me in the flames; oksana

TAKE ME UNDERGROUND, TAKE ME ALL THE WAY
    BRING ME TO THE FIRE, THROW ME IN THE FLAMES

Perhaps he was more like his father than he thought.

It was the only thing he could think of as he slid amongst the shadows, the darkness clinging to a body that was finally recovering from the latest battle with death. It had been months since it had rattled in his ribs and woke him up with blood splattered on the dirt. Panic had seized him. His eyes had rolled back into his head, his lips had frothed, his mane had tangled; all he had thought of was Oksana. His mind had flooded with her as surely as the ocean spills over the sand and in that second he had been lost.

Oksana was hail and thunder and lightning in his breast. She was the peace of the morning sun slanting over dew-kissed hills and the passion of the wind whipping through the forest. She was everything. Everything. More than he deserved and less than he expected and he had cradled the dream of forever like a precious jewel between them. But, he knew. In his heart of hearts, Makai had always known that what he was (demon, undead, monster) could not cling to the sun for too long.

Eventually, even the masochistic’s fingers crumble.

So he had fled. It had been cowardly; a decision wrapped in the desire to protect her (from his family) from what is most certainly the disaster that was his life. Was it not kinder to slip away in the dead of night than subject her to watching him slip in death and crawl back out? Would it not be mercy to snip the ties so that she could live her life away from the poisonous slavery that claimed his own? (It was not—he knew that. It was weak.) So he had run when he thought no one was watching.

He had run and died and come back to life and hated himself more than he ever thought possible. Until even his own self-hatred and his own dying corpse had not been enough to keep him away from the one thing he cherished: her. So he stole back as silently as he had left and stalked the shadows of where they had first collided (his chest quivers with the memory) and waits impatiently for just a glimpse.

All he had to do was see her once and then he would be gone again.
    Just one glance to sustain him for the coming years.

AM I STILL ALIVE OR HAS THE LIGHT GONE BLACK?

Messages In This Thread
    throw me in the flames; oksana - by Makai - 07-15-2015, 12:13 AM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Oksana - 07-15-2015, 01:17 AM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Makai - 07-15-2015, 01:36 AM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Oksana - 07-15-2015, 09:04 PM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Makai - 07-16-2015, 01:02 AM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Oksana - 08-04-2015, 10:42 PM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Makai - 08-10-2015, 10:24 PM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Oksana - 08-15-2015, 12:31 AM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Makai - 08-15-2015, 10:00 PM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Oksana - 08-15-2015, 11:14 PM