• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

throw me in the flames; oksana
    you taught me the courage of stars before you left
    With each ruinous pound of her aching heart, she unravels. In an instant she is flooded with feelings of lust and longing and fury and regret, and each one strips back a layer of skin until she is nothing more than a bundle of raw nerves trembling in his wake. She hates herself for coming here, for hoping to find her undoing, hated herself the moment their eyes had locked and a wicked fire had burned life back into her veins until her heart nearly burst with it. Yet she also knew she was nothing without him, just a charred shell of memories and could-have-beens. And she knew just as he did that a single, fleeting moment would never sustain the fire roaring in her belly.

So when his hooves hit the ground again and again, and each beat synchronizes with the drumming of her heart, she does not turn away. But the sound that tears from her dark lips is a cry of loss and rage and relief as they come together in a writhing tangle of flesh and sweat. She is primal in her anguish, in this uncertain reunion, and her teeth rake fiercely across the inkiness of his dark, gleaming skin. It is only when their tangled, panting bodies still and come together, chest against chest, heart against heart, that Oksana recognizes the dangerous way she folds into his embrace.

She cries out again, pushing him back, her wings unfurling violently at her sides as each feather narrowed and gleamed, the edges glinting like dangerous obsidian in the high sun. “No.” She tells him through a jaw clenched so tight it’s a wonder her teeth don’t crack. “We aren’t-” She pauses, she hadn’t meant to, and just like that uncertainty rushes back in to pull a frown across her mouth. Aren’t what? Because they were, they were everything, they always would be. Her wings dropped just a fraction, the sharp edges softening back to downy feather as they returned even closer, settling perfectly around the curve of her ribs.

And then he says her name and it is just the same, just as hopeless, as being swept out to sea. She is lost to him, and he to her, and neither one seemed to care. The breath she hadn’t realized she was holding rushed from her lungs as fell back into that familiar embrace, forcing his lips against the soft curve of her gleaming chestnut neck. He whispered her name there, and it his hot breath branded the word into her flesh. Oksana, mine. But the force that pulled her to him so magnetically also repelled her. An indecisiveness that took her heart in its hand and peeled back piece after piece to find the secret it held within.

I love you.

She flinched, stiffening in their embrace, her breath coming out in feverish huffs against his neck. “No,” she says again, welcoming the cool air that rushed in as she pulled away from him, “if you loved any of us, you never would have left.” Any last resolve that had formed like a mask over her desperate chestnut face crumbled and fell away as she looked back at him. Her face darkened, those green eyes flashing as a chill brushed haunted fingers across her skin.

Something had shifted, something important.
    She wondered if he felt it too.
    how light carries on endlessly, even after death
    Oksana

Messages In This Thread
    throw me in the flames; oksana - by Makai - 07-15-2015, 12:13 AM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Oksana - 07-15-2015, 01:17 AM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Makai - 07-15-2015, 01:36 AM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Oksana - 07-15-2015, 09:04 PM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Makai - 07-16-2015, 01:02 AM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Oksana - 08-04-2015, 10:42 PM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Makai - 08-10-2015, 10:24 PM
    RE: throw me in the flames; oksana - by Oksana - 08-15-2015, 12:31 AM