• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  don't get cut on my edges • kagerus

“Yes!”

No preamble, no hesitation, no graciously spoken soliloquy ─ there is only acceptance and disbelief and gratitude. So. Much. Gratitude.

"Yes," he says again, quieter this time, as his molten amber eyes settle, unfaltering, on the gaze of the woman before him who has no obligation to trust him or his ability to lead a subkingdom beneath her jurisdiction, has no obligation to hand him the reins to a third of the land she protects and yet... here they are. Time seems to slow as he continues to stare into her piercing nutmeg eyes until finally his dry mouth and swollen tongue are able to produce more words, this time pregnant with the gratitude that still washes over him in waves. "Kagerus, I..." he breathes out slowly, flared nostrils fluttering, "Thank you for this opportunity. From the bottom of my heart."

He grins at the leopard-marked woman, unfettered happiness breaking through the woven blanket of disbelief that had previously shrouded him. He shifts his weight in the warm sand and presses his muzzle to the curve of her cheek gently, hoping that he has properly conveyed the gratefulness that swells within him, before pulling away and gazing at Kagerus with a renewed motivation in his heart.

"I'd like to return to Hyaline and introduce myself to Kensa before I begin assessing how best I can help Hyaline, and the Cove. How do you think she will receive the news?" He awaits her response patiently, if not with a twinge of anxiety. Amet wouldn't be surprised, nor would he blame Kensa, should she be resistant to his presence ─ the loss of a partner to another kingdom is not an easy thing to handle, and he'd rather be aware of any potential friction than assume his homecoming and subsequent crowning would be a welcomed one.

─ don't get cut on my edges
    @[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    don't get cut on my edges • kagerus - by Amet - 01-27-2019, 09:53 PM
    RE: don't get cut on my edges • kagerus - by Amet - 02-16-2019, 03:09 PM