• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Sochi, as fiery and lethal as she is, reveals tenderness in fleeting moments. He takes note of it. She doesn’t reel from his touch as his lips caress her chin to share the taste of her most recent kill. It brings to life a small grin, one in which escapes her notice as his head eventually dips away and breaks the contact. A searching gaze eventually finds some of the prisoners scattered across the hills. ”They certainly have their uses,” he comments lackadaisically, as though they mean nothing more to him. ”I brought Tiphon here to help with symptoms. I’ve been using him.” As though in quiet relief, his lungs gulp down the summer air. No cough quakes through him. None of his own blood trickles from his nostrils. Fatigue has even subsided for the time being. As long as the healers are nearby, Loess can survive the plague.

Castile cannot suppress the smile the bounces to his face in reaction to Pteron’s exuberance. An airy chuckle slips from him. A sheepish glance would have found Sochi in this moment because it wasn’t until just recently that she witnessed what he is – what he is capable of. ”I am,” he confirms in a low murmur, nodding his baroque head slowly. Thus far, he has noted, there are very few dragons within Beqanna. Those that are, are in his family – his father and his own son. How interesting it would be to see any others.

Locked in conversation with the boy – not unwillingly – his grin remains present, but his bout of laughter settles like the dust from Pteron’s trail. ”Your mother would kill me if you got infected while out here.” He doesn’t ask where Lepis is. Has she slipped away like Starlin? Is that a familial trait? While the uncertainty tickles the edges of his tongue, Castile assumes the boy is just as bewildered. That’s why he is here, he confesses with a curious glance to the distance. ”Vulgaris has given me the crown, but unfortunately, I’ve not seen your parents yet.” It would be good to see her again, but his memory traces back to her childhood. To picture her a mother is odd. It reminds him of how the years have slipped by like Nerine’s sands falling from his locks.

If she never returns, at least a piece of her will continue in her absence. ”You’re welcome to stay, Pteron. Sochi,” and he tilts his head to introduce and indicate the woman at his side, ”and I have a daughter about your age somewhere around here. Her name is Reia.”

castile

@[Sochi] @[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 01-28-2019, 10:33 PM
    RE: anyone; - by sochi - 02-08-2019, 12:17 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Pteron - 02-09-2019, 11:59 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 02-10-2019, 09:16 PM
    RE: anyone; - by sochi - 02-11-2019, 02:46 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Pteron - 02-11-2019, 09:32 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 02-14-2019, 10:50 AM
    RE: anyone; - by sochi - 02-17-2019, 05:14 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Random Event - 02-18-2019, 10:33 AM