• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Any;
    Azar

Oh, she might've said something a little wrong. His expression dimmed and he told her it wasn't his home. She wondered if he'd lost his home, or maybe lost his family like she had. She hadn't had one for very long though. It must be harder on others that grow up with families then lose them later.

"If I'm being honest," he continued, "I haven't had a place to call home in a very long time." He shook his head then, dismissing it as if he hadn't meant to say it to her, but his mouth had just done it anyway.

"How about you, Azar, do you live here? It's certainly an interesting place."

A gentle, pleased smile curved her lips and her head lifted an inch higher. "Yes," she whispered as her eyes slid to the side to take in the forest. Some trees were still so new and young and flawless, their bark bright and promising; and the older ones were scorched and scarred like hard soldiers standing their ground against all the catastrophe that had been thrust on this wonderful place. There was a haunted darkness and fear in her eyes at the memories, but the Taiga still stood strong despite everything, just as the Taigans had.

Just as she had. She was soft and quiet, often so cautious like a wild little doe, but what she'd survived had proven to herself that she was also strong. She was also Taigan. This was definitely home.

"The Taiga has seen more than its fair share of tragedy," she offered quietly, her gaze returning to his handsome face. "But it will always be home for me. I think... I belong here," she said in soft awe as if she was only just realizing it. She'd never really belonged anywhere before, or with anyone. But she belonged here in this forest that had sheltered predators and shape-shifters and loving families for its entire existence.

"Why don't you have a home for so long?" she asked with awkward phrasing, unwitting evidence that she wasn't used to conversation. Sometimes she was clear and sometimes she wasn't. Her wings fluttered at her side, wide green eyes innocent and curious as she leaned forward a little and watched him.

tell me what your heart wants, such a simple thing
    my heart is like paper; yours is like a flame

Messages In This Thread
    Any; - by Azar - 01-29-2019, 08:27 PM
    RE: Any; - by Leander - 02-08-2019, 12:42 PM
    RE: Any; - by Azar - 02-09-2019, 06:21 PM
    RE: Any; - by Leander - 02-15-2019, 03:11 PM
    RE: Any; - by Azar - 03-02-2019, 12:01 PM