• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  baby, stay with me ; any
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear it will not die
    Down low, down amongst the thorn rows
    Weeds grow, through the lilies and the vines

And, with great effect, her entrance derails her family members' entire conversation. What fun! Her teenaged need for affection becomes superfluously met by way of Sarkis' enchanted giggles, and even by the faint amusement which colours the stubbornly serious Heartfire. The latter dryly offers a statement which implies that Noori is unforgetable, and frankly, the self-absorbed gremlin takes it as a compliment. Her laughter caws around them joyously at the remark, but when Sarkis steps closer, Noori tempers her flamboyance and quiets to listen.

"Yes the eldest daughter, little sister." Eagerly the spring mage stretched her lithe neck to exchange breath with the roaned one, ending the gesture with a playful shunt of her barked snout against the other's one of soft, delicate flesh. Her pupilless green eyes roll playfully at the accusation of her mismatched age, but they settle with an accompanying smile when Sarkis mentions that Scorch had mentioned Noori plenty. Her gut twists in a funny kind of way as she processes that last statement, and though the feelings inspired were questionable at best, she firmly decides to dissect their meaning later. Straightening her jubilant expression, Noori nods and speaks.

"Well, all I can say in my defense is that I have some kind of Spring-linked immortality... I died from the plague around midsummer, and awoke as a child that very next spring." The words seem heavy to the mare, so she lightens them with a joke. "Convenient! For me at least - I'm sure that the rest of the world is very through with my antics."

The voice of Queen Heartfire just beside the sisters snatches Noori's attention away from her eloquent tale. Again the wind-like sound of her laugh whips around them, her eyes squinting as the thickness of her cherry cheeks pushes up against the skin found there. "And what a nice one, don't you think?" Virtually instantaneously, Noori assembles a flower crown and alights it atop the monarchs head, lending her a distinctly girlish look. Then, not wanting to exclude by any means, the child turns with a laugh to decorate Sarkis' mane with long stalks of bluegrass and white lilies, adjusting them just so until her sister could also pass as a daughter of Spring.

Pursing her lips, the girl settles on to her haunches, indicating that she is through with being the center of attention - for now. "So, what have you two been up to lately?? Anything fun?"

noori

@[Sarkis]

Messages In This Thread
    baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-04-2019, 12:07 AM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-04-2019, 12:27 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-04-2019, 06:33 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-07-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-27-2019, 06:24 PM