• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

not in the flesh, but in the sun // Xyrem

Xartemis

and yet we shall meet one more time

It's a little too early for daddy's liking when we wake up - but we both know that very well.

"Remmy!" I whisper-shout across the small space we've been left in, curled up beneath the Loessian long grasses for until morning comes. It's a couple hours before that incidentally, but I can just see the beginning of the sunrise in one corner of the sky, and that's enough proof for me. A obnoxiously loud snort startles some birds from the nearby bushes when I see no movement from my twin. Surging to my little hooves with a great effort, I stomp over to my brother, lean down, and whisper again - right in his blue ear.

"REMMY!!!"

That does the trick.

Leaping back, I grin unapologetically at whatever reaction my twin chooses to have - it doesn't really matter, because we'll be distracted by something new and exciting in about two minutes, anyway. Already as we stand in the dimly lit forest I begin to buzz with excitement, literally lifting a foot of the ground as my body wiggles and jiggles like a thing possessed. Happily possessed, but still possessed nonetheless.

"I want to find someone or something or someone," I stage-whisper, my wide, daddy-brown eyes glimmering from where they are set into my equally brown face. I call them daddy-brown because daddy says I have his eyes, even though I can't see them - but I trust my daddy, even if he gets mad at me and Remmy for being "shit-disturbing hellions" as he puts it. It's not our faults we like to run and play!! Besides, daddy always forgives us anyway, and puts us to bed at night, and sometimes even tells us a story when I ask and ask and ask and ask.

"It's morning, see!!" My shapely Arabian head tosses insistently to the meager amount of pale green light streaming anxiously from the blackness beyond the horizon, as though the sun were on fire just there. But, knowing my twin, he won't need much convincing - he is as pliable as daddy, and far more willing to get up to no good than all the mean adults who live in this place. "We are allowed to be up," I finish, winking broadly to indicate the evident falsehood in that statement; and then, tumbling back to earth, I explode into a cacophony of giggles.

not in the flesh, but in the sun

:)

Messages In This Thread
    not in the flesh, but in the sun // Xyrem - by Sid - 02-04-2019, 10:08 PM