• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

not in the flesh, but in the sun // Xyrem

these are the last blues we're ever gonna have, let's see how deep we get
    the glow of the cities below lead us back to the places that we never should have left

Our habit of waking up just as the first rays of sunlight can be seen on the horizon is probably the reason why Dad doesn’t sleep near us anymore, but I don’t mind.

“Remmy!” my twin whisper-screeches, and I pretend to ignore her, not moving. It’s so early, and we had been up so late last night; I briefly wonder if Missy had even slept at all, or if she had just sat there all night until the sun rose, ready to start the next day. A loud snort from my sister startles the nearby birds but I still refuse to move, not wanting to move from my warm nest in the Loessian grass. I hear her get up and move my way, but I still jump about a foot when her voice suddenly echoes in my ear, my yellow eyes snapping open to glare at her.

Without warning I huff flames in her direction – never at her – and scramble to my own hooves as Missy buzzes with excitement, literally lifting off of the ground she’s so excited. I’ll probably always be jealous that she can fly and I can’t, but I press down that jealousy as I sent a wave of flames over my body, burning away any traces of the grass that had clung to my coat. “So, Missy,” I say, my voice still heavy with sleep. “Who should we bother today? I heard that there’s a new king already; we should go bug him!”

As I talk, the veil of tiredness begins to lift and I shift eagerly from hoof to hoof, a goofy grin settling on my lips. Dad may call us hellions – and he’s not wrong – but it’s usually Missy that comes up with the plans and I just follow along with her. She was born first, you see, and she got so much of Mom’s personality that I know it’s better to just go with whatever she wants to do.

She giggles as she indicates the barest of sunlight peeking over the horizon, and I can’t help but collapse into a fit of giggles as well as she falls back to the earth, and naturally we end up with our long, baby legs all tangled together. As our fits subside, I glance to my sister and grin broadly. “Daddy would be so mad if he knew we were awake right now.”

i'm yours 'til the earth starts to crumble and the heavens roll away

xyrem

( i'm struggling to exist with you and without you )

so these two are my favorite

Messages In This Thread
    RE: not in the flesh, but in the sun // Xyrem - by xyrem - 02-08-2019, 12:05 AM