• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

not in the flesh, but in the sun // Xyrem

Xartemis

and yet we shall meet one more time

At long last, my little brother stands up - though not before sending a burst of red-hot flame my way. I toss my head with a snort at the impudence, though I know my brother would never intentionally hurt me; but still, there's a distinct jealousy in my girlish eyes as he renders the grass on his coat to ash with one wave of fire. I stick out my pink tongue at him to emphasize this unspoken point, but soon my sleepy partner in crime is ready to be up to no good, and I let go of my envy.

And boy, am I glad I do - because as my own sleep is shedding from me, Xyrem remembers about the new king - and I woop with joy, spontaneously flying into the air and doing a front flip, landing gracefully on my hind legs in a rear. With similar exuberance, Remmy shifts his weight from hoof to hoof, grinning like the little rapscallion he pretends not to be.

Collapsing into a tangly-legged bunch as we laugh at our own cunning in regard to the rising sun, my twin and I fall into the same pattern of laughter and breathing, the sound eerily in unison; what can I say? We are terribly close, my twin and I. Reaching over, my ashy brown nose brushes baby fluff out of Remmy's gorgeous yellow eyes, my skin trembling with excess adrenaline. As I retreat, he grins and mentions how mad daddy would be if he found out that we are up; my own grin grows quickly in response.

"Daddy loves us," I affirm good-naturedly, using my most angelic baby-girl voice, complete with a flutter of my long eyelashes. "He could never be maaaad." Of course, the glint in my brown eyes reveal the farse in that statement, and the succeeding giggle only works to set in stone how much of a lie that is. Well, a lie in one way, but not in another; although we push daddy's buttons to no ends, we never go to sleep at night questioning his love for us. Smiling a little absent-mindedly, I day dream briefly about the stallion Oxytocin, wondering if one day I will make history like he did.

Rousing with a jolt (don't tell Remmy but I'd been falling asleep again!!), I lift my petite head off of where it'd been resting on my brother's shoulder. "Come on!" I yell, disentangling myself and then shooting to my hooves. "Let's go find king Catpee or whatever his name is!"

not in the flesh, but in the sun

@[xyrem]
    :)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: not in the flesh, but in the sun // Xyrem - by Sid - 02-19-2019, 05:53 PM