• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wait on you, at the bottom of the deep blue sea; Lynx

All of the voices inside of my mind will never be silenced

It’s easy to get lost in the moment, in the way their thoughts can so easily answer one another. Forgetting, for a time, that words can be spoken aloud too. It feels so natural to her, but she knows it is not truly. Not with anyone else. No, it is something unique she shares only with her mother.

It does make her wonder then too, if it would ever become easier with everyone else. Or if she would always be an unwitting (and so often unwelcomed) voyeur.

But her mother is right, she could never remain naive in the world they live in. Even now, as young as she is, she recognizes she is often privy to thoughts and information she should not be. She is often left to wonder what something she had heard in passing means, often left to wonder if she even wants to know. Often left fearing she might never learn to control it.

With a soft, shaky sigh, she presses closer to Lynx, head returning to the comfort of her shoulder. Her mother’s revelations had left her with so many thoughts to consider (so many emotions to untangle), but she is grateful she had shared so freely with her. Can see now why her mother had always been so reserved with her father, despite their obvious affection. And, if nothing else, it leaves her with a slightly better understanding of her place in the world. Even if it’s slightly foolish, she feels a little stronger for it. A little more capable.

From something so simple as a mother’s faith in her daughter.

“Thanks, Mom,” she says softly into her shoulder, breathing in her comfort. Though she feels better for having had this talk, she still worries. Worries too much, perhaps. That she’d been irrevocably broken by the sea. That she would never be able to brave the world at large, with their thoughts so forcibly tumbling through her head. “Do you think it will ever go away?” she asks then, a little uncertainly. “The fear?”

until I can find a way to let go of what we left behind

persea

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wait on you, at the bottom of the deep blue sea; Lynx - by Persea - 03-11-2019, 02:29 PM