• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in a crown

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    Of course, his reaction is the only acceptable one, given his actions. To treat me with nonchalance (as though the act of putting a crown atop his head and trusting him with a nation were no more than asking him to maintain the responsibility of grooming himself from time to time) is his way of placidly projecting whatever issues are going on with him, on to me.

My anger is justified. His unjustification of it is none of my business.

He acts coy, wraps his tail around his paws, gazes to me with half-closed eyes that reek of insolence. My original snarl gradually closes into a disbelieving grin, though the expression is painful. I know what to expect of his answer, but it still leaves my mouth tasting of ash when it comes.

Have it your way, Litotes.

"You are a disappointment."

My voice has lost its edge, is as laid back as his posture, as though I am simply flicking a speck of dust from his shoulder.

"The East no longer requires your services."

And, closing the dream channel, I am gone.

@[litotes]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    in a crown - by litotes - 02-07-2019, 10:21 PM
    RE: in a crown - by Kagerus - 02-12-2019, 02:43 AM
    RE: in a crown - by litotes - 02-12-2019, 05:46 PM
    RE: in a crown - by Kagerus - 02-13-2019, 12:32 AM