• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wednesday my empty arms were open; litotes

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

The scent the Loessian wind brings comes as a shock. Litotes lurches from his boulder, claws digging into the moss as if it were the flesh of his captor. Surely it is a trick, right? Kensa’s scent may have floated from Hyaline - perhaps she is hovering at the border, hoping he will catch wind and meet her. His feline legs quiver beneath him as it grows stronger, more intoxicating.

Finally, he is going mad.
    Hallucinating -

for out of the shrubbery comes the glinting gold and white of his most beloved. She is still so beautiful despite the plague, whatever gift the fairies bestowed upon her truly working in this light. His stance relaxes, previously quavering legs bending into a position to jump down and shift (he must greet her in equine form). Before he can pounce, though, she speaks. A voice that shocks him stops him dead in his tracks.

Litotes.
    Accusatory, angry: a side of Kensa the Primarch has yet to experience, even with sharing something as intimate as a child. Pain blossoms in his chest first, then betrayal, then guilt, then anger. Why would she keep this from him until now?

You left us.
    The ultimate accusation - everything her tone meant. Of course I left you, he begins in his head - I only wanted to protect you, and rest of the East. His only outward reaction is to balk, topaz eyes glittering with a hurt he has never known before.

The lion watches as her eyes shimmer and ears pull back. A frown is angry and harsh on his lips. Ask them to release him? Castile will never release him to her; in fact, she is putting herself in danger for even being here. It takes all of his might to not yell at her to return home, to tend to Hyaline, to leave him alone in with his dust and bones.

He cannot take this. The agony that will follow this meeting is something he cannot endure alone. She needs to leave now - leave Loess and forget him until his sentence is through.

Before he can process his emotions in a rational way, Kensa is telling him she loves him and turning away. Everything burning within - suffering, solitude, fury, loneliness, stagnation - is poured like a deadly mixture of plastic and gasoline and oil onto his fire. The fumes and smoke blind him - the heat sends instinct down his spine.

Moss flies from beneath his claws when Litotes leaps from the boulder and bounds in front of Kensa. The brush hisses menacingly when he slides to a stop in front of her, leaning down and opening his mouth into a furious roar. The indignation and disgust he should have been releasing on his captors, he releases on his most treasured companion. He does not come to like he used to; instead, he falls into his abyss of feelings, succumbing to the instincts he has felt for far too long.

All of his claws protrude when he stalks closer, lips lifted in an enraged snarl.

“Nothing you do will save me, Kensa,” he snaps, still crouched in a menacing position. “Loess is bitter and Hyaline has nothing to offer.” It is when he finishes that he smells another on her skin. The gold of his eyes darkens when his eyes fall to slits, dragging over his lover’s body in suspicion. He says nothing, though, only allows the thought to pulse loudly in his ears.

“I left you, Kensa, and now you need to leave me. Forget I exist until this sentence is over.”

It is what I deserve.

Whatever pain he feels chokes his words into a growl, desperately trying to suppress the tears that want to rise. There is only room for anger and fire. Litotes presses closer, tail shivering irritably in the air as he attempts to herd her back to the border.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Kensa] this is not...what i expected to come out

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wednesday my empty arms were open; litotes - by litotes - 02-10-2019, 12:07 AM