• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What Is A Man With No Honor |Any|
    "Careful love."

"Yes mommy!"

Those were the only words spoken between mother and daughter as Alcinia once again galloped through a stretch of the meadow where she and Nalia were spending their morning, the mare keeping a watchful eye over her filly as she pranced and played in the tall grass, whinnying in delight every time another small creature would leap out of hiding to play with her.

Already the filly experienced an encounter with a few rabbits, some small grassy birds, and a number of bugs. The single snake she'd encountered hadn't been pleasant, but Nalia made quick work of it by calling Alcinia to her side and shielding her with one of her wings to wait for the serpent to pass by. Once it did, the filly was free to play again, Nalia seeing no need in keeping her daughter close now that the danger had passed.

Every excitable noise the filly made had Nalia's attention focused, but the mare sensed no danger, so soon it progress from glancing up every few minutes to just turning her ears to listen for her daughter, Nalia content to let the independent filly play and run while the mare herself grazed. She was a protective dam, but knew she could not hold her daughter back at any point in her life. Encouraging independence would be good for her, even if, for now, it was something as simple as this.

Nalia was busy munchign away at the grass, swishing at a few flies with her tail when she suddenly heard a panicked squeal from her daughter. Instantly alert, her head shot up, looking for the filly. Alcinia was racing across the meadow to her dam's side, pressing close once she reached Nalia. The mare unfurled a wind and wrapped her daughter in it to comfort her, calming her with quiet words until she was sturdy enough to speak.

"What happened?"

"I was... I was, playing, following a rabbit, when I saw a bird... a big, black bird, in the sky... it called, and I started to chase it... when it, it suddenly disappeared, and... it turned... into a horse, a big one, like daddy," the filly stammered out.

Nalia's eyes turned back to where Alcinia came racing from, her ears turned back and her muscles tense to watch for danger. For a moment, she didn't see anything, until a small shape appeared on the edge of the horizon, just enough for her to see it was a horse. It appeared to be one of unusual color, a dark green like the grass that grew undisturbed on the far side of Nerine's meadows. Slightly offput that the horse frightened her daughter, Nalia started to walk in it's direction, intent on finding out what it was doing here.

When she got in speaking range, the mare, mindful of her filly on her heels, called to the green horse.

"To my knowledge, it's common courtesy to shift back to looking like a horse long before you scare the living daylights out of some poor young foal that doesn't quite understand the gifts you possess," she stated in a cross tone. "But it seems your young state has not yet quite grasped that impression, so I will not react like another welcoming member of Nerine would.

"I would, however, appreciate to know what manner of business you seek to settle here. Perhaps I myself can be of assistance," the mare offered, stepping back with one of her hind legs to provide Alcinia some reassurance.

@[Corban]

Messages In This Thread
    What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Corban - 02-09-2019, 01:48 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Nalia - 02-10-2019, 02:05 AM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Corban - 02-11-2019, 10:07 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Eurwen - 02-12-2019, 01:40 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Nalia - 02-14-2019, 12:39 AM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Corban - 02-14-2019, 11:05 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Eurwen - 03-15-2019, 11:45 AM