• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What Is A Man With No Honor |Any|

Eurwen
    the secret to walking on water is
    knowing where the rocks lie
    Watching the foals might just be her new favourite pastime. Sure, they tire easily, but the breaks provide her with time to simply graze and enjoy the sun. But, most of all she is intrigued by their behaviour. Arcteryx follows Scorch like a loyal, silent puppy. Alcinia is much the opposite, exploring with almost (but not the same) the amount of energy that Oisin had displayed when they were at that age.

The filly however, today had found something that scared her. Curiously, the rose-spotted yearling lifts her head; but Nalia already approached and surely the painted mare, being a diplomat, could easily mind the situation. So, she turns back to the grass.

The voices drifting on the wind however, tell her otherwise. Eurwen frowns against the grass. Remembers her mother naming her heir. With such power (feeble as it may be; perhaps Heartfire would rather pick another) comes a responsibility that even if she wants to, she could not ignore.

Her hoofs lightly touch the ground as she trots their way almost casually. Catching the last words of the green-painted young man, she blinks at the both of them. ”You would base your opinion of a kingdom on a single encounter, and that with a mother whose baby you’ve just upset?” Logic is what she uses against him there, though the question might as well be rhetoric because she doesn’t expect an answer. Looking to Nalia, she tilts her head - much the same could be said to her as well, since Nalia had sounded slightly accusing from the get-go. ”Perhaps you can start over? You can pretend I’m not here.” She smiles a bit.

Just about refraining from making a tssk-ing sound where it considered the two bickering horses, she now turns to the younger filly. ”Hello. I don’t think we spoke yet. My name is Eurwen and I think you must be Alcinia.” Her gaze shifts to the older equines only briefly, temporarily. ”Can you tell me why you screamed so loudly?” The filly might be a baby indeed; but as a Nerinian, and as an inhabitant of Beqanna as a whole, one must come to know the difference between what is something to be afraid of, and what is only an irrational fear. Being surprised was no reason to screach half the kingdom together, and upset residents and visitors alike. Not that she could hope to explain all these abstract concepts to the younger girl right away (it had taken Eurwen a whole lot of being scared to find out), but a start could be made perhaps. Even if it didn’t stick, it was a good distraction while the two painted horses could start over, or so she hoped.

Messages In This Thread
    What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Corban - 02-09-2019, 01:48 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Nalia - 02-10-2019, 02:05 AM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Corban - 02-11-2019, 10:07 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Eurwen - 02-12-2019, 01:40 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Nalia - 02-14-2019, 12:39 AM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Corban - 02-14-2019, 11:05 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Eurwen - 03-15-2019, 11:45 AM