• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in every lost soul the bones of a miracle; amet

Just as easily as Kensa can feel herself opening up to Amet, he can feel himself opening up to her. He's never had a difficult time making friends, but finding those who are genuine and kind can prove to be a challenge ─ though he should not have doubted. Not when the woman who stands beside him now is someone who had been placed there by Kagerus and Solace. And he would never (could never, truly) question Solace's judgment.

With easy laughter at her statement, the dragonhide stallion offers a nod in agreement. "Oh, I have no doubt that you'll find @[Jah-Lilah] to be an easy woman to befriend. I look forward to you meeting her. And I'm sure you look forward to an adult conversation." He grins at the thought of Takhar as a newborn, asking questions about anything and everything. His imagination had been incredible, and while that trait had been an impressive one, it had most certainly tired out Amet and taught him to appreciate conversing with adults more than he ever thought he could.

Soon after his happy bout of laughter, though, the gold and bronze stallion missteps ─ it's nearly impossible to notice the way Kensa's ears drop back to her poll, or the way her mouth grows tight at the corners. He cringes, offering a quiet nicker and a small, muttered apology. "I'm sorry, Kensa, I didn't realize..." He can nearly feel the pain permeating her heart. It's a pain that he is all too familiar with, despite the happy place he is in now.

He thinks to Tangerine and Ciri, remembering the way he'd thought he may never survive. But here he is now, alive and well and truly happy. He wants to tell Kensa that everything will work itself out, that she will find the person who connects with her soul, but they have only just met and so instead he bites his tongue and allows her to slowly shift the subject away from the Primarch whose throne he now sits upon.

"They have beautiful names! And I can't wait to meet them. Or for this place to start to bustle again. Tell me, is there anyone here now that you believe could rise in swiftly in the ranks? Or are we starting from scratch? Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure who remains in Hyaline at the moment."

─ don't get cut on my edges
    @[Kensa] - GUH sorry for your wait! ♥

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in every lost soul the bones of a miracle; amet - by Amet - 03-16-2019, 07:38 PM