• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  |mature| don't get cut on my edges • jah-lilah

The few long moments between his question for Jah-Lilah and her response are gut-wrenching. Amet knows that he has asked more from the nomadic wytch than he ever has before ─ more, even, than his desperate plea all those years ago for her to care for the newly-motherless Takhar. Jah-Lilah is more soul than physical being; she cannot be contained or bridled, she cannot be asked to remain trapped in a cage no matter how ornate its gilded bars.

So when she had finally acquiesced, Amet knew that her agreement held more weight than she had let on. He had embraced her excitedly, had pressed his golden scales to her flame-red chest and squeezed her tight with his neck flung over hers. "I don't need you to grow roots, Jah, I would never clip your wings." And with that, they had journeyed from the quiet Beach and back to his first true love ─ the lake of Hyaline.

Days have passed since then and Amet has been content to roam the borders of his home with a full heart. Jah-Lilah's presence coupled with the familiar scenery of his long-loved home do wonders for the stallion who had spent the last few years full of strife and discontent. In fact, it slowly comes to remind him that he needs more excitement in his life ─ he has spent enough time reveling in all of the ways his life has been thriving over the last few weeks that he has not gone out and done anything to get his heart racing and his blood bumping.

Which means that it's about time to find Jah-Lilah again, partly to see how she is settling into the sanctuary and partly (mostly) to selfishly take all of her time for himself.

It doesn't take him long to find the soothsayer. He is drawn to her inexplicably. And luckily for him, her close vicinity to the lake today gives him the easy opportunity to increase the speed of his gait until his gilded akhal-teke frame is galloping across the clearing and bounding into the lake in front of the red wytch. His swift entry into the water splashes the liquid all around them, effectively coating the pair in the cool autumn lake.

With easy laughter, he spins his dragonhide body in a circle until he is grinning coyly at his closest friend. "You know what I was thinking, Jah?" He pauses for a brief second as a gruff nicker slips from his maw. "I think it's time we go for another vision walk."

─ don't get cut on my edges
    @[Jah-Lilah]

Messages In This Thread
    |mature| don't get cut on my edges • jah-lilah - by Amet - 02-27-2019, 08:52 PM