• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  |mature| don't get cut on my edges • jah-lilah

Everything else falls away.

There is only Jah-Lilah and the love he feels for her. Her presence is intoxicating, overwhelming, all-encompassing. He follows behind her, a moth to flame, as she beckons him closer and closer to the den she had begun to build for herself within Hyaline. The over-the-shoulder glances the soothsayer gifts to him draw deep chuckles from the gilded stallion as he is coaxed further and further into her honeytrap, settling not soon after beneath the heavy boughs of the cherry blossoms.

The stallion reaches his copper and gold head out to the red woman, pressing his soft muzzle to her cheek with a gentle sigh as his concerns are finally vocalized and out in the open. Amet had always wanted someone to love fully and unconditionally, someone who could return the same feelings for him with no doubts or fettered emotions ─ and he knows that Jah-Lilah can be that someone. But he could never forgive himself if she felt caged by his own roots, the ones that keep him tied to Hyaline by choice of his heart more than any necessity or obligation that may exist.

And he knows she understands ─ she always does. She knows his heart and his soul better than even he does. But he still needs to know, needs to hear that he is not keeping her here with him despite a tiny voice in her head that wishes to run or remain really, truly free.

He needs to know that she will not resent him in the future, when his heart is tied to both her and Hyaline. He would follow her to the ends of the earth, but his spirit is not as free and full of wanderlust as the red wytch's; he wouldn't feel whole without the sanctuary, just as he wouldn't feel whole without her.

How difficult it will be to love a spirit so free and wild.

How ready he is for the challenge.

Her warm words, smooth like silk, float to his pricked ears and console the worries that had brought him strife. Incredulous, he raises an eyebrow at the red wytch and whuffs warmly against her neck at her confession. Aya's magic had opened his eyes to his true feelings for Jah-Lilah, ones that had been hidden beneath things that no longer matter ─ he had never considered that she had felt this way for him all along.

"I remember," he says gruffly as her blunted teeth work their way down his gilded neck and to his withers. He shivers. "So beautiful, so free, so wild..." his words are whispered and private, only for her, as he peers over his shoulder at her with molten amber eyes. "I will never tether you, Jah. I could never. Do you believe me?"

His heart aches with its love for her and suddenly the dam breaks, no longer able to withstand the strength of it. He pivots beneath the tree boughs to face her and nips gently, playfully, at her muscled neck as he moves his gilded body closer, nostrils flaring instinctively at the red wytch's primal scent. "Let me show you."

─ don't get cut on my edges
    @[Jah-Lilah] ♥

Messages In This Thread
    RE: |mature| don't get cut on my edges • jah-lilah - by Amet - 03-12-2019, 09:33 PM