• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and nothing hurts when I’m alone, Heartfire

She's got the devil's eyes

“That’s a pity,” Heartfire responds, alluding to the statement she had yet to visit Nerine. She lifts one brow faintly before continuing almost idly, “Perhaps you’ll rectify that soon.”

Heartfire had never particularly objected to being a woman relatively few notice unless she forces them to take notice. There is a great deal of benefit to be had in being able to disappear into the shadows or a crowd. Of course, that is much more difficult for others to understand. But then, she has never particularly needed to be understood.

The white mare might feel invisible, but Heartfire cannot pity her for that. Not when it has so often left  her in...rather unique positions. Of course, what is not there to be seen is far more intriguing to the mottled blue mare than what she can see. It is that which had inspired her rather bald comment. That which holds her attention when it might have so easily slipped away.

“I could,” she agrees passively, though her eyes are sharp on the pale woman before her. There are certainly a great deal of things she could enlighten her about. The question is, did she truly wish to know? Tilting her head faintly, she allows the silence to stretch for a moment. “At least, I could tell you why I say it,” she amends before adding, “Though I’m not certain I could enlighten you as to why others might.”

Her blue eyes glittering enigmatically, she shifts, pressing ever so slightly closer. As though she has a great secret to reveal. Of course, while her words might often be boldly forthright, she is rarely terribly informative. “Tell me Ryatah, do you enjoy your life?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and nothing hurts when I’m alone, Heartfire - by Heartfire - 03-14-2019, 03:09 PM