• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and nothing hurts when I’m alone, Heartfire

She's got the devil's eyes

It's oddly satisfying, the way they each dance so peculiarly around that which they would say to the other. Heartfire is no stranger to such things, but she is beginning to rather enjoy the banter, even if it isn't truly getting them anywhere. It's refreshing almost, to have a conversation in which the outcome doesn't really matter.

It's easy enough for her to see beyond the idle musings, beyond the faintly spoken longing for the beach despite the brine still tangled in her pale hair. She has seen a great deal if terrible things in her life, so this is nothing new. No, what intrigues her is not the actions so much as the unusual longing behind it. The mind of woman who would so actively seek out such torment even as she denies it.

Others might find it odd. Heartfire finds it oddly useful.

"I think," she begins slowly, as though musing over her words, "that you know why I say it, Ryatah." The white mare might be many things, but stupid is not one of them. Foolhardy and reckless and complacent? Absolutely. Stupid? Never. "I've seen your story a hundred times, but never have I seen quite this outcome," she continues somewhat cryptically, alluding to a history she had never actually shared with her.

She considers her silently then, not bothering to answer the question she had put to her. Heartfire is hardly one to judge in the happiness she had found. Indeed, there are many who might wonder how Heartfire finds happiness in her own life.

To each their own.

"Come with me to Nerine," she ends abruptly, interrupting the silence. "Just for a visit." Her lips tilt slightly then, the faintest of smiles. "I think you'd find it worthwhile."

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and nothing hurts when I’m alone, Heartfire - by Heartfire - 05-04-2019, 12:43 PM