• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

only wonder of my world; achlyss
    “Lyss…” he beckons softly.

The way her name rolls off his tongue is like the sea just as it touches the shore - sighing, sweet. He has missed her and it is obvious by his tone, just how much depth of emotion there is in it. Sviko knew on some level that he loved her, and that thought alone should have frightened him. It did not - her silver-roan skin and black hair blowing in the cove’s wind —

“Lyss,” he croons again, half-expecting her to rise up from the sea like the merhorses in his mothers’ stories. The mere thought of that made his gills flutter, reminding him of all that laid beneath the waves rolling onto the silvery shore. He might have thought it a beautiful sight to behold, except it lacked something - her. She’d look more grown now, supple and curvy like he was lean and smaller than his siblings. Sviko never doubted that they wouldn’t recognize one another.

Once, his patience might have worn thin. Not while waiting for her. He’d do that forever and longer, if he could. But as he waited, he called forth the soft blue light that usually laid dormant inside him and began to usher forth small beams that shot off and into the sea, fizzling out beneath the whitecaps. The stallion liked to think of them as beacons to guide her to him, so maybe - just maybe, she would come.

@[Achlyss] i took some liberties but yay new post! ❤️

Messages In This Thread
    only wonder of my world; achlyss - by Sviko - 03-07-2019, 10:44 AM
    RE: only wonder of my world; achlyss - by Achlyss - 03-07-2019, 09:24 PM