• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

consume me; any

Oona

And this small act of kindness grounds her. A small tether of warmth over frozen ground and beating hearts, the gilded edged ivory mare makes herself known in a gentle way. Oona is silently thankful to see another face despite her comfort in her own companionship.

The dappled mare is melting into the hungry shadows that extend with jagged fingers before the sun winks out. They stand alone -but together- as the rise and fall of their frozen breathes hang like unspoken confessions. Oona offers a tight smile but the act is lost beneath the stars. She gives a polite dip of her head to acknowledge the other mare. "It is very beautiful." She exhales the four words wistfully, her voice low as though they were two fillies who shared a secret. "I'm Oona-", the vowels of her name are nearly a coo, "I'm from nowhere."

It was not a lie but it was not entirely true. Oona had tried once before to find a home but fate decided else...but it was neither here nor there so the irrelevancy of it all kept the fact buried. "What about you?" The question is captured in a small fog from her lips. The other was far too pretty and clean to be a nomad or some man's whore. She smelled pleasant and walked with a tight gracefulness that accompanied most diplomatic creatures.

Perception was everything.

Ears are offered as she awaits Kensa's reply, curious and relaxed, wondering what the frozen starry night could bring.

There was a star riding through clouds one night, & I said to the star, 'Consume me'

Messages In This Thread
    consume me; any - by Oona - 03-08-2019, 08:54 PM
    RE: consume me; any - by Kensa - 03-08-2019, 10:20 PM
    RE: consume me; any - by Oona - 03-08-2019, 10:39 PM
    RE: consume me; any - by Heartfire - 03-11-2019, 11:45 AM