• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and the scars that mark my body, they're silver and gold; jah

love is my religion. i could die for that.

Aegean has never visited Hyaline which is strange, perhaps, when you consider that it once may have been his home. Had he been born but a season earlier than he had been, he may have found himself as a Prince of Hyaline as his older siblings had been but, instead, he had been born during the onslaught of the plague. The threat of the sickness had been the only thing that he had ever known, and he had instead been raised within the silvery beauty of the Cove. First, a temporary move, and then a permanent one.

He does not regret such things, his wondrous heart has never yearned for anything different, but still—

but still, he cannot help the curiosity that begins to grow upon the edges of his consciousness.

It begins as a dream that morphs into a thought and then a yearning and it soon leads the pale colt from the borders he knows so well to the ones he knows not at all. The fever sticks with him, the warmth of it spread like a flush beneath his cheeks, but he is not delirious with it and the only sign of it at all is the smear of blood on his milky lips. All the same, he is weaker than usual, and he takes his time on the trip. 

Perhaps he should wait upon the border, but this is still a territory of his mothers and he is but a curious soul so he does not pause. Instead he wanders further in, driven by a need to fully see all that the territory has to offer. He doesn’t hide his presence and, in many ways, he couldn’t if he tried. The faint glow of his body, the growing curves of his maturing antlers, the amethyst of his hooves—he is not made to blend in and he doesn’t bother to try. Instead he merely walks to the waters edge of the lake, peering down into it with a dreamy smile before glancing up and seeing the woman of red not too far away.

Aegean watches her for a moment, before he nickers softly. “Hello,” his voice, like all of him, is different. It walks the fine, androgynous line of masculine and feminine, the soft and the harsh blending together as his dark purple eyes study her. “My name is Aegean.” His blood-stained lips tip upward.

i could die for you.

@[Jah-Lilah]

Messages In This Thread
    and the scars that mark my body, they're silver and gold; jah - by aegean - 03-09-2019, 11:22 PM