• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and the scars that mark my body, they're silver and gold; jah

love is my religion. i could die for that.

They fall into rhythm with one another, tracing the paths of conversation easily, understanding the ways of it without needing to struggle. Although Aegean rarely feels out of place, he cannot help but find that the fabric of the interaction is particularly peaceful. It is easy to be in her presence, and he does not need to guess at her—there are so many ways in which he merely understands, in which she just makes sense.

He does not hide his admiration nor his curiosity and is grateful that she does the same.

When she reaches out for him, he stretches his neck so that he can do the same, letting the velvet of his muzzle brush against the satin of her skin—branding the memory of her scent for safekeeping. At her answer, he laughs and the sound is silver bells in the back of his throat, loose and free. “What a wonderful answer,” he enthuses, purple eyes glowing with appreciation. “I have grown up in Silver Cove, but I do not feel the same need as my family to be tied to one place. To wander, to adventure, to journey—“

He breaks off on a sigh, dreamy, as his gaze finds the horizon, lingers there.

“What a wondrous thing.”

But they do not linger on the conversation. Not for long. Soon she finds, or the light catches the edges of his hooves, and he glances down, smiling briefly at them. When she ushers him forward, he obliges, picking himself up and moving further inland and away from the water. He picks his feet up as he walks, letting the light reflect, his face still serene, but his lips tipped upward in pleasure at her joy.

When he stops, he angles his head. “I have a memory,” he answers, thinking back to how the quest had ended and he had woken with the newfound weight. “But I very much want to know what you think it is.”

i could die for you.

@[Jah-Lilah]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and the scars that mark my body, they're silver and gold; jah - by aegean - 04-16-2019, 11:58 PM