• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Say Again {Adria}

Exploring, discovering - these are things Adria enjoys. The mysteries of their world are manifold and unless she were immortal (which she’s not, not really) it would be hopeless to try and uncover them all. Even then the secrets of magicians could never be revealed to her ever-expanding mind; the heavens and their constellations would keep ancient history, leaving adventurers like Adria dreaming into eternity.

However, for all the things she’s learned in her travels there still seems to be one essential puzzle the Nereid fails to complete. Love escapes her at every turn, (her heart thinks of Jinn but her mind shoves that away) and connecting with others was proving equally impossible.

In fact, her interactions with Beqanna horses have all but ceased in this current bout of hermitage. If Clayton hadn’t come out of the woodwork, Adria could’ve gone on avoiding the rest of humanity for another decade or so.

Maybe that’s why the pressure of his warm, nutmeg-colored skin on her own gold pelt comes with a shock of poorly hidden surprise. The seamare doesn’t move away, though. His body heat feels too good right now, the smell wafting up from his muscular shoulders too enticing to reject outright. She holds her breath and stops herself from gasping, but after a long minute of them exchanging heat Adria peels slowly away.

Mèsi,” She thanks him in her native tongue, suddenly shy. If she could blush she would. Still, Clayton has managed to make her smile. “It was hard coming back, I admit.” Adria speaks softly, “My family …” She tries to explain. With a bashful glance towards the horned stallion, the water horse goes silent. He could understand without her saying anything. Leaving your loved ones was hard.

“I am fine though! I promise. Lak la is where I hide away.” She laughs quietly, talking about Hyaline’s lake. The next second she stops, her eyes widening as if remembering something important. Her golden-white face turns towards Clayton and there’s nothing shy about the way she holds his gaze now. “Would you like to see? There is .. ah, how do you say? Etid; an experiment I would like to try.”

The language barrier is frustrating for her sometimes, she’s afraid that her explanation is only confusing poor Clayton but she tries again nonetheless. “Be my study rat, please?!” She begs him with another pretty laugh.

upon my journey i must go, to where the river flows

Adria

@[Clayton]

Messages In This Thread
    Say Again {Adria} - by Clayton - 03-10-2019, 09:30 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Adria - 03-12-2019, 03:08 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Clayton - 03-14-2019, 07:59 AM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Adria - 03-17-2019, 07:41 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Clayton - 03-23-2019, 08:51 AM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Adria - 03-29-2019, 08:49 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Clayton - 03-31-2019, 05:51 PM
    RE: Say Again {Adria} - by Adria - 04-07-2019, 11:54 PM