• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Descension; All Kingdom

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

My slightly forced harshness has two effects - Clayton seems submissive, following whatever is best, though he does not agree on the move still - and doesn't provide me with reasons not to, if I'm honest. But perhaps I'm a little too convinced of my ways? I know - feel, more or less, in the aire surrounding us - that I'm hurting them and I don't want to do that. But sometimes to protect one child from another, one or both will have to compromise and in compromise, nobody gets what they want for a hundred percent.

Just like me.

Dawn wants to postpone; I see how that is the only decision we can agree on today, so I slowly nod. She adds that she wants a year of mentoring, that she wants to work, and I smile. I see what a great leader she will become. "A year - have your family, learn to manage it all, and I'll hand it to you if that's what you still want." All in all, what I want is to protect them - my family, my children; Dawn and Clay may not be of my blood, but all of the young ones in the Sanctuary might as well be.

I know I'll move to Hyaline after this year, wanting to go home. But for now, I can suck it up for the time being - and teach them to be a fully decent diplomat, and Clayton... I look to him. "As your first task of heirs and council members, please go and meet the leaders of Hyaline and get acquainted." My face turns to Dawn, nod to her - not just a task for Clay. I'll go into Pangea myself; hopefully I can give them a full Sanctuary to rule next year, not just the two lands.

But I don't know much about Yidhra or even if she still rules there - it's been too quiet, and it worries me.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

-Ilma accepts Dawn's postponing the move for to be a decision made next year and to lead the Cove for one year in which she will train Clayton and Dawn, since that's basically what she asked for as her second solution she could live with
    -If there's no opposition? Then I guess we can close this one?
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    The Descension; All Kingdom - by Kagerus - 03-15-2019, 04:07 PM
    RE: The Descension; All Kingdom - by Solace - 03-15-2019, 04:13 PM
    RE: The Descension; All Kingdom - by Clayton - 03-15-2019, 04:32 PM
    RE: The Descension; All Kingdom - by Dawn - 03-15-2019, 09:13 PM
    RE: The Descension; All Kingdom - by Ilma - 03-16-2019, 06:08 AM
    RE: The Descension; All Kingdom - by Amet - 03-16-2019, 07:01 PM
    RE: The Descension; All Kingdom - by Clayton - 03-16-2019, 09:44 PM
    RE: The Descension; All Kingdom - by Dawn - 03-16-2019, 11:20 PM
    RE: The Descension; All Kingdom - by Ilma - 03-17-2019, 12:09 PM
    RE: The Descension; All Kingdom - by Clayton - 03-18-2019, 09:45 PM