• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Never land inside my hand; Amet

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

He’s charming, I have to give him that. Perhaps that’s why the Sanctuary, after all this time, became a succes; from what I heard from the nereid mare, it had been too dependent of Nerine in the past. Now look at us; more horses in the Cove and mountains together than perhaps are in the rocky kingdom. Speaking of which, I intended to visit them some time ago, and my pregnancy may be withholding me, but I shouldn’t let it for much longer.

I chuckle lightly at his jest about un-diplomatic words, and find myself at ease around him. At his mentioning of putting a face to the name, I raise my brow slightly. ”I knew I should have visited sooner. What in the world would Kag have told you, I wonder.” I smile though; I know my best friend and my queen (I can’t help but to think of the ruling pair as such, since that’s what they were when I first came here) and they would never speak ill of anyone behind their backs. More likely they mentioned me as a council member; a council that unfortunately doesn’t meet often enough it seems. I’m not too happy about the loss of Litotes to Loess, especially given the past when it was me who nearly got stolen. But Loess is a political subject, and frankly I don’t want to talk about it too much right now.

”I’ve heard you led this place before Solace, and that Brennen had named you it’s leader after being a subkingdom of Nerine? Or am I messing things up? It’s been a while and I never heard it firsthand. But I wonder if we live up to what you envisioned all those years ago. If perhaps our current course is what we were meant to be, of if we’ve strayed.” Politics after all, then - but I just don’t know if ruling over Hyaline and Pangea from the Cove, is really what we should be doing. If we wouldn’t be better off with just one small kingdom in which we can better keep track of our subjects, instead of stretching ourselves thin. Because honestly, I’m not so sure any more by now.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Amet]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Ilma - 03-16-2019, 09:30 AM
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Amet - 03-16-2019, 07:51 PM
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Ilma - 03-23-2019, 07:57 AM
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Amet - 03-30-2019, 10:03 AM
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Amet - by Ilma - 04-06-2019, 07:37 AM